PDA

View Full Version : 7 stud hand

slavic
12-01-2003, 04:01 PM
B&M 1-4 spread limit game $0.50 ante $1 bring in.

I bring it in with a 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif and 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif in the whole. The player to my right has a 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

9 calls, J calls, 3 calls, K calls, J calls amd the 6 to my right calls.

4th street
Me 66 - 3 3
1 xx - 9 2
2 xx - J 7
3 xx - 3 J
4 xx - K J
5 XX - J 2
6 xx - 6 6

the pair of sixes bets 4, I raise to 8. Folds to the lady with J 2 who says "you don't have trip 3's because I have a 3", she calls the 8, and the player with the pair of 6's makes it 12.

I folded my small 2 pair and he caught another pair late to beat her open pair of T's she made two streets later.

A few questions:

1) Am I right to say something to the floor? I didn't but thought I should. In talking to the pair of 6's later he was folding right up until she said something.

2) is it correct to fold what is likely the best hand here? It's dead as a doornail, and the 6's may have a hidden pair like I do, or certainly overcards to draw to.

Andy B
12-01-2003, 04:14 PM
People talk about their hands all the time, and they don't always tell the truth. You might talk to the floor, but I don't know what good it would do.

So she had (? 3) J 2. And there was a Jack out. And there are two paired door cards. Heh.

You should fold your two pair when the guy with open Sixes makes his initial bet. There is a pretty good chance that he has a pair higher than Treys in the hole. If he doesn't, he almost certainly has two card higher than a Trey in the hole, and he can always catch a running pair later in the hand. You also have five other players to worry about. Two small pair isn't going to win in a multi-way pot very often, and you have only one or two outs to improve (depending on whether the lady is telling the truth). I wouldn't have been too surprised to see more people calling the two bets cold on fourth street in a low-limit game.

You were planning on folding on fourth street when you initially brought it in, right?

slavic
12-01-2003, 04:40 PM
You were planning on folding on fourth street when you initially brought it in, right?

I was hoping that there would be a 2 out so I wouldn't even have to bring it in. When 4th street came I thought I had the perfect opportunity to take the pot down right there. If the cards came any other way I would have mucked. (err well if I had caught that 6 I would have played)

She played badly, I didn't mind her other than her talking through my hand.

crockpot
12-02-2003, 04:57 AM
1) yes.
2) definitely.

3) should you have folded to the initial bet on fourth street? yup. your hand is dead now just as it is later, so you are either a little ahead or way behind. you'd be surprised how little of a favorite you are against sixes with two random kickers, and if he has a wired pair you are screwed. time to get out without paying through the nose.

patrick dicaprio
12-02-2003, 09:58 AM
this is an easy fold on fourth street. players who cant make this fold then will have a tough time winning at low limit poker. even if your hand was partly live you should fold. i probably wouldnt even have raised on fourth butjust would have tossed it right there.

as far as calling the floor i dont see the point. she probably was lying since she woudl have to have garbage to have a three in the hole, and if she did have a three you certainly dont want to piss her off and make her leave the table! you werent going to win this pot anyway.

Pat