PDA

View Full Version : Tough Session (whine)

LetsRock
12-01-2003, 11:50 AM
No need to reply, I just need to vent. (it seems to help when I share the misery /images/graemlins/confused.gif)

Was playing 2-4 on-line yesterday and had one of them brutal all day nothing-but-rags sessions. I'd bleed and bleed and bleed for hours and then get a hand or 2 to hold up and get back within even range only to dip back into another couple hours of rags.

What makes these sessions unbearable, is watching the 2 hands an hour that you do get to play KO'd by some nonsense perfect-perfect hit to knock out your flopped set or flopped nut straight and then begin to start telling me how I misplayed the hand and should never have been there or start telling you how wonderful they are.

A few memories of the horror.

I sat down and caught KK and QQ within about 10 hands. Both hands were cracked by small 2 pair, by the same player. Just unbelievable. Luckily there wasn't any banter after these hands.

So I went into the rag-bag for a few hours and I start a little climb back towards even. Of course the table has completely turned over a few times and some knuckle head sits down and proceeds to drag about $150 in about 5 minutes (AA, KK, TT and a couple of lucky draws). The cards were just hitting him in the face. We'll call him Bigmouth, (I have other names but this will work.)

A little later I get KQs in the small blind, limp and flop a rainbow nut flush. I bet and get a few callers. The turn brings a 3 (completing the rainbow perfect!) and I bet and get 1 caller. River brings another 3 which didn't really bother me until I get raised. I call and get see A3. He makes some bonehead comment and I say something to the effect of "You don't even know how lucky you just got do you?" (I try to avoid this kind of banter most of the time but I was having a bad day.) Anyway Bigmouth starts in about how I'm "just a bad player blah, blah, blah" and we go back and forth for a while, eventually it cools off.

A little later, I get 33 in the small blind and flop a set (A38) and bet it right out. Get a few callers. Turn brings a 6. Get raised by the BB rest fold and we 4-bet the turn. River rings (what else) another 6. I bet, call and he shows a lovely 86. I moan and groan a little (something about the river) and BB decides to tell me how I shouldn't have been raising him. We go back a forth a bit and I let it go hoping to get my loan back, but alas the cards just wouldn't cooperate. (He busted out about a half-hour later, but it wasn't my doing. /images/graemlins/frown.gif )

Anyway, I know I was wrong to get into chat wars with these idiots, but it was just that kind of day.

Thanks for listening.