PDA

View Full Version : Deja Vu All Over Again

02-03-2002, 02:21 AM
I hesitate to post this, lest it not be believed. I even half jokingly asked another regular poster here who I ran into today to post it for me. But it really happened.

First hand I played today, 3 limpers, small blind calls, I look down to see A-T for my first big blind. Now I was the person who took a poker author who used to post here to task for talking about what I interpreted as a claim of extra sensory perception in a section of his book.

But I sorta, kinda knew what the flop was going to be and what was going to happen.

Sure enough, abraca-nebiolo, the flop comes A-K-Q rainbow.

Alas, the small blind checks. So much for ESP.

I bet.

Results later. All comments appreciated (except from the person who knows what happened because I told him).

02-03-2002, 04:35 AM
Andy,

I think you should bet, raise, reraise and cap every chance you get no matter what comes. I'm sick of Hero, Vince, Gabe, Brett, and everyone else telling me that I'm too tight and cautious in a spot like this /images/biggrin.gif .

Regards,

Rick

02-03-2002, 03:56 PM
I bet and everyone folded.

Sorry.

I wish I had a camera to take a picture of my hand and the flop. It was eerie!

(I do realize this is a lot different situation than having the sb bet into you.)

BTW, I told Brett about it and we had a big laugh.

Regards,

Andy

02-04-2002, 03:14 AM
If it makes you feel any better, Andy told me that when he bet, he was extremely worried that someone might have limped in with AQ, AJ, KQ, or JT.

/images/wink.gif