PDA

View Full Version : My ongoing forey into 2/4 online play...please advise...Hand #4

chesspain
11-30-2003, 09:29 PM
Same Party 2/4 Table...I'm in the CO, and dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

...Folded to EP2 who openlimps, folded to me and I raise, folded to BB who calls, EP2 calls...

2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me and I bet, BB folds, EP2 calls

[2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif] 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me and I bet, he calls...

[2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif] 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He checked, I checked...results below
EP2 showed A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for the flopped middle pair, which he would not release for either a flop or a turn bet, despite my being a PF raiser, meaning that my AQ is about the only logical PF raising hand that his pair of sixes could beat /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Bob T.
12-01-2003, 05:29 AM
With no apparent draws out there, I would be tempted to check behind on the turn. What could he have called with on the flop?

One of the things that I like to keep track of, is when my opponents fold when they miss. Some people routinely take one off and then fold to a turn bet. Others fold on the flop. And some others fold when all hope for their hand is gone on the river. If you know when the routinely fold, then you know if they called after that, they have something more than a hope, and if you can figure out what it is, then you can play accurately for the rest of the hand.

I think that you played this one OK.

PS, I think it is spelled 'foray'.

Webster
12-01-2003, 08:23 AM
ditto Bob - most of the time I'll check the Turn - however last night the table was passive and 3 times I bet and won the pot - once with 2 cards higher then MY cards LOL!

Ya have to feel out the table - nothing is ever automatic

RydenStoompala
12-01-2003, 08:34 AM
No big problems with the way you played it. A check on the turn might be in order given you bet the flop and he did not raise you. Still, in some 2-4's, I find nothing will scare them off. I like the advice given on watching how players handle the flop and turn when they miss. Some are very predictable, like I used to be. You can make money on those notes.