PDA

View Full Version : JJ 10 20 hold em

Dr.Klavan
11-30-2003, 08:12 PM
hi

i was in early possition two off the big blind i got dealt:
JJ no diamonds.
Everybody before me mucks i raise it to 20 everyone behind me mucks exept the big blind (strong very tricky player) who calls.
Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, i bet bb raises i call (should i reraise?)
turn: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
bb bets i call.
river 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
putting for diamonds out there.
bb bets i fold.
Did i play it bad should i call the river?

stripsqueez
11-30-2003, 08:23 PM
i would reraise the flop - bet the turn, probably folding to a raise - and check the river probably folding to a bet

seems like good odds that the BB is betting a draw or perhaps a smaller pocket pair that didnt hit on the flop

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Dr.Klavan
11-30-2003, 08:51 PM
the player in the big blind showed me
9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

trillig
12-01-2003, 07:46 AM
He gave some useful info, shame on him... 8)

Since you went that far, a final call was probably in order.

Otherwise, bail on that bad flop sooner rather than later with more opponents and betting to you, but against one guy, yeah call him down with your higher pair, especially if you consider him a tricky strong player. 8)

That was a scary board though!

I wonder what he'd have done if you raised on river. 8)

-t

Rushmore
12-01-2003, 12:30 PM
Although I have read the results, I'll respond anyway:

I would reraise the flop, knowing that this "strong, tricky player" would check raise me with a LOT of hands weaker than mine here (as he hoping you raised preflop with big cards only).

The turn card is scary, but I would follow through with a bet, hoping he's holding a bare ten (or, actually, exactly what he WAS holding), and then either call or check behind on the river, regardless of what hit (as he'll bet all of his misses on this river, right?).