PDA

View Full Version : a KK and AJ hand for review

absentx
11-30-2003, 07:06 PM
I posted these earlier but no one responded, so i will try again

Okay 4-8 foxwoods, loose aggresive table, mix of skill.

I am on the button with KK, cut off raises pre-flop I reraise.

No other players to see the flop. Cut off is older gentlemen who is drunk, came to the table just recently and didnt seem to understand the betting structure.

Flop comes 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

CO bets, I raise, he re-raises, I call

Turn comes J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

he bets, I call
I just have a bad feeling at this point that the KK is no good

River comes some crappy card that helps no one

CO bets, I call

Does anyone Know what happened here?
------------------------------------------------

Okay second hand

Short handed in late position with AJo, I am in late position I limp (bad play I think)

three players to the flop, Myself, new player who is questionable at this point, but in later position, and the small blind who is a maniac.

Flop comes 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, I bet, LP calls, SB calls

Turn comes 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, I bet, LP raises? I call, SB folds

River brings A /images/graemlins/heart.gif giving me two pair

I bet, LP raises, I called

How would you of played the hand, and what was the result?

JoeU
11-30-2003, 07:19 PM
Hand #1

Any reason why you put him on a 2 so fast? I think I would have raised the turn after the call on the flop. I think your KK is good here.

Hand #2

Looks like LP limped with 86s and managed to hit his gut shot. Many players in the 4-8 at Foxwoods limp with 1 gap cards, especially suited. I do like the river bet however. I've actually done the same thing in the same game and had someone turn over a gutshot. Top two is a very strong hand and giving him credit for such a specific hand could lead to bad folds in the long run. IMO, it is better to make a call in this spot than fold, even if you are raised.

Joe

Joe Tall
01-23-2004, 12:30 PM
Hand#1

Re-raise the flop or call and raise the turn.

Hand#2

[ QUOTE ]
Short handed in late position with AJo, I am in late position I limp (bad play I think)

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how many limpers, you failed to say. Sometimes I raise, some times I limp.

Well the straight hits the board but is mostly uncoordinated, it could also be a slowplayed set.

Looks strange, I'd check-call the river.

Peace,
Joe Tall