PDA

View Full Version : Ok how about this one....Pocket 10's

Tilt-a-Whirl
11-30-2003, 06:23 PM
Party 1/2

I'm MP with pocket 10's

UTG calls, I call and LP calls

Flop 8h 9c 5d

Its bet and raised to me, I call, and LP calls.

The turn is 5c

EP bets, I call and LP calls

River 2s

EP bets, I call and LP calls

EP Showes Ad 9s
LP shows Ac 9s

and I take down the pot. Honestly I about folded this one and maybe I should have with the two 5's. But the raises were before the second 5 came, so I didn't think they had it.

Should I have raised?

lil'
11-30-2003, 06:29 PM
With only one limper to you, you should raise this pre-flop.
I would 3 bet the flop since your hand is disguised.

Gomez22
11-30-2003, 06:33 PM
You should have raised this PF in this situation... don't limp with 1010 unles there are more than 2 limpers in front of you.

BottlesOf
11-30-2003, 06:38 PM
Do you follow this advice for every position? Do you ever raise with more than 2 limpers, say on the button?

Tilt-a-Whirl
11-30-2003, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should have raised this PF in this situation... don't limp with 1010 unles there are more than 2 limpers in front of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, your right. A case of lack of confidence. hard to get that back after being run over.

Gomez22
11-30-2003, 06:44 PM
Depends on the limpers and the situation. If there are 2 or less limpers, I'll raise on the button with 1010 every time. I'd tend to limp with 1010 anyplace after 3 limpers, though, but MIGHT raise from the button if the limpers in question were tight. Usually at low limits, though, most players tend to be loose, and you very rarely see only 2 limpers when you're on the button, so 1010 becomes a limp inthis situation. From UTG and when 1st in, I raise 1010 EVERY time.... no question about it.

If you're going to raise a hand like 1010 on the button, you want a lot of limpers in front to guarantee odds on flopping a set. 1010 plays terribly against 3-5 players. I think you want either 2 or 6+ to make raising with 1010 a +EV play.

Nottom
11-30-2003, 06:46 PM
Pre-flop: raise to keep the pot shorthanded

On the flop: 3-bet because you likely have the best hand.

Turn: raise, the 5 helped you more than anyone else, you are now ahead of 89

River: raise

BottlesOf
11-30-2003, 06:50 PM
I like everything you said, but am confused by one aspect of your explanation:

"I'd tend to limp with 1010 anyplace after 3 limpers, though, but MIGHT raise from the button if the limpers in question were tight."

I don't see why'd you raise when they are tight in this situation. Doesn't their tightness indicate they have better hands, and thus your TT is less likely to be the best hand, or less likely to hold up? I would think you would raise if they were looser, and thus punsih them for limping with what is likely to be a crappy hand.

Perhaps you meant passive or timid, instead of tight? Or more likely, I misunderstood something, and welcome your response.

Tilt-a-Whirl
11-30-2003, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pre-flop: raise to keep the pot shorthanded

On the flop: 3-bet because you likely have the best hand.

Turn: raise, the 5 helped you more than anyone else, you are now ahead of 89

River: raise

[/ QUOTE ]

5 help me? Is this because their raise before the turn indicated that they do not have trip 5's? Therefor I should have raised knowing that that couldn't have helped them (unless they're an absolute maniac)

Also, I know alot of my mistakes right now are not aggressive enough. I should improve on this, but I've seen one pocket pair higher than mine keep coming out.

"There's monsters under the bed...."

Nottom
11-30-2003, 08:34 PM
Most players don't bet and raise with bottom pair. Its unlikely one of them has a 5, especially the flop raiser.

astroglide
11-30-2003, 09:29 PM
3bet the flop or raise the turn

theriverwild
12-01-2003, 12:38 AM
GOMER and TILTAWHIRL r correct. U either want as few opponents as possible or a lot with 1010. U got lucky and only had 2 but 1 or 2 more is about the worst serario u could hope for. u need to rr with that flop. u have an overpair and with that flop anyone with a 9 is liable to think it's got to be good. i think a lot of hands u can bet would raise the original bet. U also need to raise the turn. However it would have probally been check to u on the turn if u 3 bet.

Bob T.
12-01-2003, 12:49 AM
I would probably have raised preflop, but in MP with the chance for a multiway pot, I don't think limping is wrong.

I would definately three bet the flop.

I really like the turn card, I am now ahead of 98 and I would raise on the turn also.

I would make sure at least one bet goes in on the river.