PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Rockets Busted Again

Tilt-a-Whirl
11-30-2003, 04:07 PM
I've got to learn to let these go, and I'm pretty good at it unless it happens alot in one session. This was happening to me all night...

Party 1/2 I'm in LP

I'm dealt [ Ac, Ah ]

There are 2 limpers in EP, I raise and there is one call from LP and the 2 EP's call.

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 4d, 5d, As ]

Its checked to me, I bet and everyone calls

** Dealing Turn ** : [ 6c ]

Its checked to me again, I bet and all but one call.

** Dealing River ** : [ 7h ]

EP bets into me, I know again that my A's have been broke and call. LP calls too.

I had the 3rd best hand with Trip A's

LP lost with [ 3h 4s ] [ a straight, 7h,6c,5d,4s,3h ]

EP wins with [ 8c 8s ] [ a straight, 8c,7h,6c,5d,4d ]

WTF am I to do? I really hate Pocket A's at this point.

mosch
11-30-2003, 04:14 PM
This was just misfortune.

If you start disliking AA, I suggest you spend some time looking at your AA hands in pokertracker, and you'll find yourself being glad to get it soon.

Tilt-a-Whirl
11-30-2003, 04:20 PM
I know thats true. But on this night, I caould give you 7 or 8 of these exact type of hands with KK QQ etc.

Just about threw my laptop out the window.

Yes I know I need to work on my mental game, but this crap was crazy /images/graemlins/confused.gif

mosch
11-30-2003, 04:28 PM
Been there, done that, felt the pain.

When I get overly frustrated, I like to take a break and enjoy a fine belgian stress reliever by Chimay or Leffe.

astroglide
11-30-2003, 04:52 PM
i would never fold a set of aces for 1 bet on the river closing the action here. [censored] happens.

Tilt-a-Whirl
11-30-2003, 04:54 PM
I should have folded. I knew I was beat

Nottom
11-30-2003, 05:34 PM
If you think that beat pissed you off, imagine what you'd be feeling if EP flipped up A7o or 77.

Trust me, its worse.

Brian
11-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Hi Tilt (appropriate name) /images/graemlins/smile.gif,

Since you only have 26 posts on the site, I decided to take a look at them to see if perhaps I could analyze your problem a little deeper. It seems that they all have one thing in common... You come to this site to tell us about your bad beats. Well, we all have them, many times a day, and a lot worse than this. If you want to improve your game, start posting hands on this site several times a day asking for critiques of the way you played it. And not something like this, either, where you Flopped the nuts, bet it the whole way, and then lost on the River. Post some hands that genuinely gave you some trouble, and you're not sure if you played them right or not. That's the best way to improve your game, and that's how I did it. I am a much better player now than I was 2 or 3 months ago, and that is thanks to 2+2.

You also seem to have a problem with tilting. I suggest reading the section in Theory of Poker called "Hourly Rate and Expectation". I used to read that every time that I got angry after a bad beat, and now I can say that I have been tilt-free for a while. Joe Tall, JTG, and Homer also have a nice article on tilt at riveredagain.com. Here's a link:

http://www.riveredagain.com/articles.htm#Tall_Enjoy_a_Bad_Beat

Good luck,

-Brian

Gomez22
11-30-2003, 05:52 PM
Ya know... If you know what you're doing, there is no reason to post this hand.. .you should know you played it correctly..... you just got sucked out on. It happens every day, multiple times to all of us.

Post some hands that gave you trouble, that you weren't sure about, that mystified you. Post some where you played idiots that made idiot moves the left you wondering. Don't post ABC poker hands... you won't learn anything that way.

'Mez

Gomez22
11-30-2003, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes I know I need to work on my mental game, but this crap was crazy

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you do need to work on the mental part of it, but to correct you, NO, this crap is NOT crazy.... it's all part of hold em.

If you wanna play the game, you have to get used to this, turst me.

Tilt-a-Whirl
11-30-2003, 06:05 PM
Thanks Brian and Gomez. Oh I know its part of this game, as its been non stop for a few weeks.

I really believe no one could have won, in my recent dry spell.

But your both right. Post better hands.

astroglide
11-30-2003, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I should have folded. I knew I was beat

[/ QUOTE ]
the river is not the place to make your 'good' laydowns, especially with top set.

these kinds of things are much less consequential in the long run in terms of win rate. from your other posts it is apparent that you have been running bad for a while, and i can ASSURE you that it's not because you're calling rivers like this.