PDA

View Full Version : I got beat, but how'd I play?

Tilt-a-Whirl
11-30-2003, 03:14 PM
Party $1/$2

I'm in LP with Ah, Ac

Everyone folds to me, and I raise.

Button raises me, BB Calls and I reraise and both call.

Flop [ 2s, 4h, 7h ]

BB checks and I check wanted to check raise.

The Button bets, BB calls and I raise.

The button reraises, the BB finally folds, I cap it and the Button calls.

Turn ** : [ Jd ]

I Bet, the Button raises, I call

Dealing River ** : [ 4c ]

I check, the Button bets and I call.

Button shows his [ Js Jh ] and I go down to a Full house.

Since no one is going to fold their J's, this hand was never mine to have, but I think I played it the best I could. Comments?

Mike Gallo
11-30-2003, 03:24 PM
Tilt,

I would have lost more on the hand. I would have put one more raise in on the turn.

He hit his 22:5-1 shot on the turn, next time he will not.

Nottom
11-30-2003, 03:26 PM
Preflop: perfect.

Flop: I don't like going for the checkraise here. There are only 3 players and checking after a preflop cap always looks fishy. Just bet and hope to get raised so you can 3-bet.

Turn and river seem fine to me after all the flop action.

Tilt-a-Whirl
11-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Normally I would too, but this is in the middle of a horrible streak and I was looking for ways to get beat. It would have been funny to see all long shot suckouts that killed me this night, if it hadn't been real money...

During this time, I hated great starting hands, because I knew I was going to bet the crap out of them, only to be beat, and usually it happened. I would have rather got crap so I could fold.

Geez, is that lack of confidence or what?

Aces McGee
11-30-2003, 03:40 PM
Attempting a check-raise on the flop after capping preflop is always dicey. It looks suspicious. It will often get checked through.

I would've 3-bet the turn and just called him down from there if he capped. If he's got jacks, he's overplayed them to this point. I think QQ, KK, or even the other AA are likely.

McGee

mosch
11-30-2003, 04:04 PM
I don't like the flop check-raise after your strong pre-flop play, but you got away with it here. I'd have three-bet the the turn to help maximize my losses /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tilt-a-Whirl
11-30-2003, 04:10 PM
Part of the reason I checked raised was because I've been getting killed on the river and I wanted to force people out. But theres no budging these idiots.

Then again I lost, so whos the idiot

GuyOnTilt
11-30-2003, 04:12 PM
Part of the reason I checked raised was because I've been getting killed on the river and I wanted to force people out.

Notice that check-raising in this position wouldn't drive anybody out. You're not making anybody face a cold-call, so a c/r here can't be to limit the field. Bet the flop and pray for a raise if you want to drive the BB out.

GoT

Tilt-a-Whirl
11-30-2003, 04:16 PM
good point GOT.

Gomez22
11-30-2003, 06:00 PM
You played it fine.