PDA

View Full Version : A few hands.

Losing all
11-30-2003, 01:53 PM
1) red Q's in the sb, I raise, 5 callers. Flop comes a pretty KJ2 all clubs. I say what the hell and make a horrible bet into 5 calling stations, 3 callers. Turn is a red 10, not a miracle card, but for some reason it makes me happy. bet, 3 callers. River blank, check thinking I must be beat. Player to my left bets, 2 callers. UGH! I muck in disgust. First 2 split the pot with jack/5 and 7o, no clubs. I didn't notice what hand the 3rd man had, but I'm sure it was a hand only a sage would call all the way with.

I know I played this very badly. check fold the flop would be my normal weakie play here. For some reason I waited til the river to WT up. How would you play this against 4 year olds?

2) very next hand, AA on the button. 1 caller to me, raise, BB re-rasies, mp folds, we cap. flop Kxx rainbow. bb leads out, I raise, capped again. turn rag, BB checks and calls. King falls on the river and he wakes back up and I make the crying call to see his AKo. (this was more of a whine than anything)

3) This hand is eating at me. dealt QT's on the button, 5 see the flop for a single bet. Flop comes 892rainbow with no backdoor flush, checked around, turn brings the nut J and completes the rainbow. ep bets, mp calls, ends up capped with mp calling all the way. Now the river brings another J. ep bets, MP raises! Now I want to call, but it will end up capped, so i muck. EP takes it down with 7T, mp had just had trips.

I know the odds were decent here, even for 4 BB's, but my gut and brain said boat, how can one of them not have it?

george w of poker
11-30-2003, 02:51 PM
hand three, i think you should definitely call. on the turn, you (the nut straight), and ep (not-so-nut straight) were doing the betting, and mp was getting caught up in the middle. if he had two pair he would have done some betting too. i think ep is the player that would beat you but he could also have hands that you beat.

astroglide
11-30-2003, 04:43 PM
hand 1: you'd be surprised how often people will check this around after a blind raiser bets. if there's a bet and a call in front of you, there's no shame in folding. sometimes they'll show you the world's fair, but more often than not with this many opponents you'll be beaten somehow.

hand 2: sucks for you

hand 3: definitely call the river

Losing all
11-30-2003, 04:51 PM
I understand your hand reading logic here, but how can you read a hand of someone who would call 4bb's and raise the river with this hand? he had no logic of any kind. What could he possibly think we capped it on that his jacks could beat? If I were him I'd figure I'm between a straight and a set, turns out only 2 straights.

You are right though, You just can't fold that hand against morons.