PDA

View Full Version : Cost myself a ton of money -- but it was the right decision

jacki
11-30-2003, 03:07 AM
At Party $25 NL HE,
Check this out.....

HERO ($54) gets 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif in the BB
UTG ($22.90) raises to $3
UTG+1 ($11.75) calls
MP1 ($51.50) calls
MP2 ($22.55) calls
----at this point, I was planning on calling with that amount of money in there---
But then SB ($24)raises to $15
Hero folds. I'm up against at least one big pair, probably two. I'm a huge dog.
What would you have done here, without scrolling down to see the board cards?

UTG raises allin to $22.90
UTG+1 calls allin (8.75)
MP1 and MP2 fold
SB calls allin

Don't look till you've made your decision..... /images/graemlins/confused.gif
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ] /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
** Dealing River ** : [ 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]

SB shows KK to win $64.05

UTG had T /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG+1 had Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP1 claimed he had pocket Jacks

The table quickly dissipated after that hand.... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

mauisupaman
11-30-2003, 01:36 PM
Looks like a raise that would be almost 30% of your stack is a good fold when you're sitting in the BB with only 5's. But it must have been sick watching that flop. Hate when that happens.

Guy McSucker
11-30-2003, 07:48 PM
Easy fold.

You can't be happy after the flop unless you flop a set. That's 7.5-1 against. For this much of your stack it's a routine fold. For the $3, routine call.

Never mind.

Guy.

gojacketz
11-30-2003, 11:18 PM
You can't call that raise, especially with the shallow money that is on the table. Not near enough money in the pot, and no future money if you flop a set to even think about calling that raise.

Easily the correct decision. I have been deal 72o UTG and seen a 772 flop, but I am pretty sure I made the right decision in laying it down.

You can't play "results oriented" poker.

Gojacketz

Foldarama_City
11-30-2003, 11:47 PM
If it makes you feel any better I missed out on a $1000 pot the other day by folding 55 preflop. The two players in the pot were reraising and reraising preflop w AK and KJ. Unfortunately I didnt realise just how bad they were. It's a shame - I've never won a pot like that but... you've got to make the right decisions and that usually means folding.