PDA

View Full Version : Flopped a set... then went reckless?

mosch
11-30-2003, 03:06 AM
I think that during this hand I just grew too attracted to the idea that MP3 had a hand like AK with one or more clubs, thus inducing a sizeable quantity of wrongness into my play. What do you think?

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Mosch has 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is EP2

UTG limps, Mosch limps, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, MP3 raises, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Mosch calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls

Flop(16 SB): 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Mosch bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 raises, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, Mosch 3-bets, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 caps, Button calls, Mosch calls, MP1 calls

Turn(16 1/2 BB): 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Mosch bets, MP1 folds, MP3 raises, Button folds, Mosch 3-bets, MP3 caps, Mosch calls

River(24 1/2 BB): 7/images/graemlins/club.gif
Mosch checks, MP3 checks

Gomez22
11-30-2003, 03:36 AM
I think I'd bet the river here and call a raise. But I don't think there's anything wrong with the way you played it; I might have just called his turn raise and led out on the river, thoguh. MP3 raised PF, capped the flop and capped the turn. The PF cap and the flop cap signify either AA or KK - maybe even AK. The turn cap screams pocket kings, but without any reads on any of the players, I can't say for sure. I don't think he'll call down on the river with anything worse than a set or 2 pair, considering that the board just made a flush possible, but who knows?

I'm guessing that he had the kings, and the river flush card scared him..... Either that or he WAAAAYYY overplayed AK and you should be making some notes about him.

squiffy
11-30-2003, 05:58 AM
So he had 3 Kings? He raised preflop. Went crazy on the flop and turn. But was afraid of the flush or straight on the river?

I don't know why you would assume he has AK when he caps both the flop and turn?????

Unless he has AK of clubs. But then he wouldn't have checked the river with the nut flush.