PDA

View Full Version : Playing a small pair after an accidental call

mosch
11-30-2003, 02:50 AM
I meant to fold this pre-flop but misclicked, and found myself feeling pretty good about my mistake. How do you guys think I handled it?

Party Poker 2/4 (9 handed)

Mosch has 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif and is MP2
MP1(poster) checks, Mosch limps, MP3 limps, Button folds, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(5 SB): 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, BB bets, MP1 folds, Mosch calls, MP3 folds, SB folds

Turn(3 1/2 BB): 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB bets, Mosch raises, BB calls

River(7 1/2 BB): J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks, Mosch bets, BB calls

Bob T.
11-30-2003, 04:01 AM
Did you misclick preflop, or on the flop. Your opponent couldn't find a raise preflop, but liked the flop enough to bet it. You could very well be drawing to two outs in a tiny pot. Give it up here. After you make the full house, you did fine.

Gomez22
11-30-2003, 04:18 AM
Bob - I may be a little wrong here, but I'll often bet into a board like this from either blind with a flush draw, no matter how big or small(depending on the table type, of course - more likely to do it on a tight table). The only problem I can see here is: When the blinds bet out, in a situation like this, would'nt it be better to raise than call? Especially from EP....?

Bob T.
11-30-2003, 04:28 AM
Even if you are ahead, the rest of the players, probably have a bunch outs against you. The pot is tiny, there are still two players left to act, and I am sure that I can find a better place to get involved.

mosch
11-30-2003, 11:39 AM
I misclicked pre-flop. I didn't note in my post, but the BB was in the gray area between loose-aggressive and total maniac, so I assumed his bet meant 'I have two cards in front of me'. That being said, as it turned out, I was drawing to two outs, so my read wasn't accurate or useful.