PDA

View Full Version : Chip Tricks

SaintAces
11-30-2003, 12:10 AM
I would like someone to teach me how to do a few popular Chip tricks - the online guides are no help /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I would like to know how to do the Knuckle Roll, the Chip Roll (chips roll across table), the shuffle, and the fancy twirls that I see pros do with 3 chips

THANKS so much in advance

Nottom
11-30-2003, 12:45 AM
no offense, but how are we supposed to do that via a message board?

Duke
11-30-2003, 12:55 AM
Well, for the roll, you hold them here like this, and then you roll them over here like this. See?

For the shuffle, you get 2 smallish stacks of chips and put them next to each other like this, and then you lift the middle of the stacks with your middle finger like this, and then you sorta slide them together like this. Got it?

For the knuckle roll, you roll the chip across the back of your fingers like this, and it goes over here, like this.

And for the 3 chip spin thing, you remove the middle chip from a stack of 3 like this, roll the 2 outside chips away from the center one, and rotate the middle one before returning it with your middle finger. Like this.

I hope that was helpful.

~D

mosch
11-30-2003, 01:10 AM
No wonder why my shuffle is so unsuccessful, i've been starting off the shuffle by pushing the opposing sides of the stacks down like this, then switching to the middle finger lift, like so. Thanks!

SaintAces
11-30-2003, 01:50 AM
well how did you all learn?

Cubswin
11-30-2003, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well how did you all learn?

[/ QUOTE ]

too much time at the poker table

it seems a lot of newbies are so concerned about these chips tricks instead of focusing on their game. im not saying you are a newbie or that you dont have game but why are you so concerned about learning these tricks? instead of shuffling chips between hands why dont you watch the game and how others are playing?

if you still want to learn you might check out any coin magic book....i cant think of any in particular off hand but i know there are some good ones out there. a better investment would be some poker books...shuffling chips has never won me a pot.

regards
cubswin

Malone Brown
11-30-2003, 03:49 PM
Chip Twirl (http://homepage.mac.com/abaruz/.Movies/philipsChipTwirl.mpg)

I just watched this over and over again till I got it.
Hope it helps
Krserre

TobDog
11-30-2003, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
too much time at the poker table

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats how I tink most people learn, I had a golf lesson yesterday and they asked me how I can bounce a ball on the face of my wedge(ala Tiger Woods) I said from haveing too much time on my hands, it happens when you spend a lot of time fidleing with things, you will do it one day and it will become a part of you, not because you practiced it, but because you watched it being done and copied someone else doing it.

Gamblor
12-01-2003, 11:30 AM
it seems a lot of newbies are so concerned about these chips tricks instead of focusing on their game. im not saying you are a newbie or that you dont have game but why are you so concerned about learning these tricks? instead of shuffling chips between hands why dont you watch the game and how others are playing?

Never understood why some people feel the need to uphold some great standard of excellence and dedication to improving their game. The guy wants to learn some tricks, if you know some, tell him (or write a nice tongue in cheek post as above), or don't post. I'm sure the guy knows chip tricks won't help him at the table.

In fact, I would even go so far as to argue that your statement, shuffling chips has never won me a pot, is wrong. At some point in your life, an opponent has been intimidated by your skillful manipulation of chips, realized he shouldn't be in a pot with you, and folded to your river bluff.

Why do you need to display your superior dedication to the study of poker? Why don't you spend more time posting on skill-related forums so you can improve your game? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

daryn
12-01-2003, 11:47 AM
for once i agree with gamblor /images/graemlins/wink.gif

gavrilo
12-02-2003, 09:39 AM
When I first tried learning the Chip twirl, I just naturally tried with my right hand as I'm right handed and just couldn't do it to save the world, so I tried my left and it worked. Still can't do it right handed.