PDA

View Full Version : Two 4-8 foxwoods hands

absentx
11-29-2003, 07:12 PM
Okay 4-8 foxwoods, loose aggresive table, mix of skill.

I am on the button with KK, cut off raises pre-flop I reraise.

No other players to see the flop. Cut off is older gentlemen who is drunk, came to the table just recently and didnt seem to understand the betting structure.

Flop comes 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

CO bets, I raise, he re-raises, I call

Turn comes J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

he bets, I call
I just have a bad feeling at this point that the KK is no good

River comes some crappy card that helps no one

CO bets, I call

Does anyone Know what happened here?
------------------------------------------------

Okay second hand

Short handed in late position with AJo, I am in late position I limp (bad play I think)

three players to the flop, Myself, new player who is questionable at this point, but in later position, and the small blind who is a maniac.

Flop comes 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, I bet, LP calls, SB calls

Turn comes 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, I bet, LP raises? I call, SB folds

River brings A /images/graemlins/heart.gif giving me two pair

I bet, LP raises, I called

How would you of played the hand, and what was the result?

glen
11-29-2003, 08:34 PM
hand 1: I would probably raise the turn or river. People who don't understand betting structure will often overestimate their holding. Also, I think unexperienced fish have a slowplay instinct with big hands, like if he had a 2 or 99, he wouldn't reraise the flop. Or he might have limped in with something like TT-AA to "trap" people, and then just decided to go nuts postflop. . .if he has a random hand with a 2 such is life. . .

hand 2: I see this all the time, especially online. The river bet depends on what you put him on on the turn. If you put him on a hand that beats aces up on the turn, why bet the river just because it helped your hand? A lot of people can't resist betting when their hand improves, even though it is often correct. . .