PDA

View Full Version : Zoo vs SS Rematch Challenge Tournament. Update.

Mike Haven
11-29-2003, 06:03 PM
(Link to previous thread.) (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=415658&page=5& view=expanded&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1)

The TruePoker CEO seems to have gone AWOL, and I was concerned that I couldn't offer you something substantial to justify the inclusion of our surprise guest pro, as I haven't been able to negotiate with True on your behalf since /images/graemlins/cool.gif agreed to play.

However, I am delighted to be able to tell you that BonusWhores.Com has stepped in in the interim with a guaranteed $50 Bounty on the head of the pro - whoever takes /images/graemlins/cool.gif out of the Tournament will receive $50 from BonusWhores.Com PLUS whatever I can wheedle out of Mr True-Man, when he deigns to answer my e-mails et al!

Thank you from all of us, jek187! Nice one!

Anyone else want to offer a Bounty on /images/graemlins/cool.gif, blind?

Cubswin
11-29-2003, 06:36 PM
TruePoker has agreed that they will give a $12 rebate to anyone who plays a total of 100 ring game raked hands at any time between 12.01amEST 14th November and 11.59pmEST 3rd December who enters and plays in the Tournament.

If you register and pay for the Tournament by midnight on the 30th November they will give you a further rebate of $2 after you play the Tournament.

TruePoker CEO
11-30-2003, 06:02 PM
Good idea, we would be pleased to pay rebates to everyone, if you can meet our pretty easy rules.

Thanks.

HUSKER'66
11-30-2003, 11:45 PM
I have registered and have 1632 points currently, is this rebate going to be done automatically? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TruePoker CEO
12-01-2003, 07:29 AM
We will look at everyone who shows up and enters the tournament, then give out appropriate rebates after the tourney. This should be done some time on December 5th. (The reporting of knockouts and bounty awards also will likely be quicker than last time since we are further along the learning curve.)

It is automatic in the sense that you need not do anything except play enough hands to qualify, it is not automatic in the sense that we need to do the analytic and payment work on December 5th. (Given the ad hoc nature of the rebate promotion, it is easier to do the work on a case by case basis than to add new specific code to run a one time promotion.)

Truepoker CEO

Mike Haven
12-01-2003, 04:59 PM
I've been told by pudley4 that there is a neat and easy way at TruePoker to obtain your Hand Histories.

Here's a copy of pudley4's very useful information:

I don't know if everyone is aware, but at TP you can keep a running log of all hands by clicking the "Log Play" box. It will create a new .txt file on your computer (the file name defaults to the time and date you start your session). This way the player doesn't need to continually request hand histories - all the info needed to claim the unusual bonuses (including hand numbers) is in the log file.

Thank you, pudley4 - you're a star!

Mike Haven
12-01-2003, 05:06 PM
Just to keep Bonus notifications in the same thread, this is a reminder that Mr True-Man did agree to match BonusWhores.com's $50 Bounty on our guest pro!

That means whoever knocks the pro out of the game picks up a very pretty $100 Bounty! Nice.

Thank you BW and True!

CrackerZack
12-01-2003, 08:13 PM
When do we find out who it is? Since S&M do the hand history review, my guess is its one of them, but still, it would be interesting to know.

Mike Haven
12-01-2003, 08:47 PM
When do we find out who it is?

Within the next couple of hours or so.

thomastem
12-01-2003, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When do we find out who it is?

Within the next couple of hours or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so who is it?

Mike Haven
12-01-2003, 11:16 PM
I'm waiting for an e-mail from Mr True-Man to complete the announcement.

If he doesn't write, I'll go it alone in a short while.

(Hint, hint, Mr True-Man.)

Mike Haven
12-02-2003, 12:18 AM
I am really pleased to be able to let you know, as some of you have already guessed, that we are honoured that well known and popular long term Las Vegas working professional poker player, Tommy Angelo, has agreed to join us for the Tournament!

Tommy will be bringing his A-game to the Tourney, and it is going to be difficult to dislodge him from his winning seat.

As you know, there is a $100 Bounty on his head should you KO him from the Tournament, (plus 10 Bonus Points for your Team), but to give Tommy a further incentive to take first prize, BonusWhores.com has agreed to donate their $50 Bounty to Tommy if he comes first. (I am hoping that TruePoker will agree with their $50 Bounty, similarly.)

Not only that, but I am sure that Tommy is giving up his earnings for an evening at the high-stakes tables at the Bellagio to be with us.

On behalf of the Zoo Team, thank you,Tommy - we are looking forward to kicking yo' ass! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Stew
12-02-2003, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am really pleased to be able to let you know, as some of you have already guessed, that we are honoured that well known and popular long term Las Vegas working professional poker player, Tommy Angelo, has agreed to join us for the Tournament!

Tommy will be bringing his A-game to the Tourney, and it is going to be difficult to dislodge him from his winning seat.

As you know, there is a $100 Bounty on his head should you KO him from the Tournament, (plus 10 Bonus Points for your Team), but to give Tommy a further incentive to take first prize, BonusWhores.com has agreed to donate their $50 Bounty to Tommy if he comes first. (I am hoping that TruePoker will agree with their $50 Bounty, similarly.)

Not only that, but I am sure that Tommy is giving up his earnings for an evening at the high-stakes tables at the Bellagio to be with us.

On behalf of the Zoo Team, thank you,Tommy - we are looking forward to kicking yo' ass! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awesome.

Thanks Tommy, I look forward to hopefully competing against you.

Good luck!

thomastem
12-02-2003, 02:18 AM
What is Mr. Angelo's opinion on Pelicans at the poker table?

Stagemusic
12-02-2003, 07:56 AM
He thinks they are fine....with a nice salad and gravy /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike Haven
12-02-2003, 12:15 PM
Team Players only, please.

Following a query by HavanaBanana, before I "write it in stone", please let me know your thoughts on Bonus Points to the Team whose Member KO's Tommy Angelo.

(Hav thinks it is making it too bingo-like to give Points, as a Zoot might take most of Tommy's money in one hand, and then an SS-Guy take his last 50, or vice versa.)

Thanks.

thomastem
12-02-2003, 12:26 PM
I just want everyone to know Rugray is going down!

Mike Haven
12-02-2003, 05:06 PM
Those trickSSters in the other forum lured Tommy in to give them pre-tourney information about him, and no doubt to try to get him to feel sympathetic towards them as he rails them one by one. (Little do they know our Tommy "Ruthless" Angelo.)

Here's some of his guff to them:

"My first big win was in 1989. In a $1-2 limit game, I won most the money on the table, plus a full set of good golf clubs, with tour bag.

Oh, tournaments? I've only played a handful of tournaments with buyins of $200 or more. I've played many morning no-limit tournaments ($60-ish buyin) at Lucky Chances and I think I've done okay in those except for the times I bust out early semi-on-purpose to make sure I get a seat in the just-starting $20-40 game.

Almost forgot! A couple years ago I played three evening tournaments at the Mirage, three straight nights. ($100-ish buyins.) I came in first twice, no chopping or anything. (I wanted to!)

The second one ended with quite a thrill. It was pot-limit-omaha. With four players left, there were two big stacks and two small. I had a big stack. I was in the big blind and when it got back to me, the two small stacks were committed to allin, and the other big stack had just made the max raise from the small blind. I had AAT9 with one suited ace. I thought about it for, like, ...NOT! It was an instant raise by me and reraise by the big blind and this was it. My hand held up and now I've got a plaque in a box somewhere.

Tommy"

Tommy Angelo
12-03-2003, 12:07 AM
If I were on one of the teams, and the prize for winning was bragging rights, I wouldn't want something as fluky as a bounty to tip the scales in either direction, for or against.

Tommy

Stagemusic
12-03-2003, 08:25 AM
I agree with Tommy and Havana and voted for NO points. It will royally tick me off when I take 3/4 of Tommy's stack /images/graemlins/grin.gif Then have some other yum yum suck out the rest with a K 9 off that rivers a straight to get the points /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BTW I am really looking forward to playing Thurs night. I have buffed and polished my keyboard and mouse and am laying straw down in case any of TTems animals get queasy. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Mike Haven
12-03-2003, 09:46 AM
Well put, Stage.

There will be No Bonus Points for up-ending Tommy.

Unless ...

... a Zoo Team Member does it.

For Cyndie's benefit - I was j/k.

No Points.

Nil.

Nada.

Zero.

Zilch.

The Big O.

Simon Diamond
12-03-2003, 12:59 PM
Totally correct decision Mike.