View Full Version : 2 questions about affiliates

Gahnia radula
11-29-2003, 01:56 PM
what do they do?

and what can they do for me?

Cyndie
11-29-2003, 02:12 PM
Affiliates refer players to sites...

They can make sure you get all the deals you are entitled to, and suggest good deals that you may not find...and steer you clear of problems. There are several players here who have affiliate websites. All would argue they have the best deals...your job, should you choose to accept it ( a little "mission impossible" humor there) is to figure out who has the information that you want or need.

Do you desire to play at every site on the net and get every bonus available?

Do you desire to prop?

Do you desire to refer players yourself? or would if you could do it without being offensive?

Do you want rake rebates for your own play...but only want to play at party or empire? or would you prefer "legal" rebgates at other sites?

The answers will lead you in the right direction.

Gahnia radula
11-29-2003, 02:20 PM
Your reply makes me feel like im a jedi knight in training

The low down

I just started playing online 2 days ago

I already had a party poker account, i played with play money

I cashed in for $50, and have no intention of playing anything other than 50c/$1 HE, for the moment

So based on this info what can an affiliate do for me?

Cyndie
11-29-2003, 02:39 PM
Get you signed up at Empire after you have cleared your sign up bonuses...get you set up with IGM pay for up to $100 more bonus at a few of the Party "clones" and introduce you to pokertracker to analyze your game...and generally give you an introduction to the idea of skins, and comeback bonuses...how to get the most benefit for the least hassle.

Let you know some of the ethical situations involved in bonus hunting, so you can make a decision in your own comfort zone.

ZeeJustin
11-29-2003, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So based on this info what can an affiliate do for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

They get you free money. If you've already bought into party, it's too late to get any affiliate bonuses on your account, and they don't like it when people make 2 accounts, although they don't really care unless this is done to abuse sign up bonuses and get them over and over.

The 2 standard deals on party are $25 free for any buy-in of $50 or more, or 20% on your deposit, up to a bonus of $100. Some players will also offer to give you 10% of your rake back instead of a 1 time bonus.

Gahnia radula
11-29-2003, 03:00 PM
so basically i've missed the boat...eh what you gonna do

Jim Easton
11-29-2003, 03:21 PM
Go to Empire.

MicroBob
11-29-2003, 06:39 PM
what you may not be realizing is that Empire poker is virtually The Exact Same as party poker. you will see all the exact same players at all the same tables. it is a party "skin" (and there are a couple others). so when you play at empire it just takes you to all the same party tables.

the only differences are that the colors are different on empire...and i think the tournament structure is different....if you only play .50/1 then you will not notice a difference. but you want to make sure that afer you play at one that you go to the other because they both offer SEPERATE bonuses.

here's what you shold do.
do NOT sign up for empire until you have gotten some info from an affiliate and set yourself up to receive a bonus.
also, if you are going for a bonus along the lines of 20% back on your first deposit...then you want to deposit $500 so that you can get the full $100 bonus money.
it will take awhile at .50/1 but you'll get there eventually. you can take your money back out at any time...but the amount of yoiur first deposit is key to successful bonus-whoring.
- keep reading these forums to get other bonus-woring ideas and find out more about how it works and what you can do. it may wind up being quite the profitable education.