PDA

View Full Version : Ultimatebet play chips?

thebroker
11-29-2003, 12:50 PM
If anyone has UB play money they no longer want, feel free to send it may way. Transfer to thebroker, my first name is Brandon. Thanks, I'd really appreciate it.

Stew
11-29-2003, 12:52 PM
OK, something I've always wondered is why would anyone want more play chips? Can't you top that off once a day or something like that?

thebroker
11-29-2003, 12:56 PM

Stew
11-29-2003, 12:58 PM
What's the difference b/w $1/$2 no limit and $1000/$2000 no limit with play chips? Isn't it just a bunch of zeros?

thebroker
11-29-2003, 01:02 PM
The players are better and that makes it more enjoyable.

Stew
11-29-2003, 02:42 PM
Ah, I see.

Rainbow Warrior
11-30-2003, 03:51 AM
Wasn't there a UB e-mail a few months back warning players about trading in play money??

AliasMrJones
11-30-2003, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you want more play money, can't you top off at the end of the day

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This has to be the funniest post I've seen in a long time.

Stew
11-30-2003, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you want more play money, can't you top off at the end of the day

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This has to be the funniest post I've seen in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought so too, but i was bored yesterday.

_And1_
11-30-2003, 01:43 PM
There was, and it was just a month ago...

MrDannimal
11-30-2003, 02:18 PM
I thought the e-mail was about selling/buying play chips.

Mike Haven
11-30-2003, 04:44 PM
My e-mail:

dear support
i thought dealing in play chips was forbidden by you?
have a look at this post by someone at twoplustwo - maybe you should post your response there? (I gave the url.)

Their response:

Hello,
Nobody can transfer points, is against our policy. You are able to transfer playchips, and real money, but don't points. If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.
Sincerely,
Customer Service Department

Then another response a few moments later:

Hello,
I am sorry about last email. Please let us know more about your request because we do not deal with playchips.
Sincerely,
Customer Service Department

And we happily trust these guys with our money?

Have they moved to India, too?

Scary.

Batman
11-30-2003, 05:33 PM
Some people want to accumulate over a million play chips because they can't beat real games and they want to fantasize about being a millionaire. Then they can buy an imaginary house and pretend they have money to send their kids to college.

Some of them want to create their own reality.

JohnShaft
11-30-2003, 08:32 PM
And that's UB Support Mike?!!!

Christ on a bike.

That drops my expectation of UB support resolving, what I thought was the first issue of collusion I'd ever spotted, to about Zero.

Jesus. Maybe I should go back to not playing again if this is the level of "support".
It's amazing how support, in general, has detiorated to the point that the ability to understand English is not considered important. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

JohnShaft
11-30-2003, 08:37 PM
The thing I don't get is it's stupid easy to accumulate gazillions of play chips.
If you can't do that, then, well, um, don't even think about winning like actual *money*. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

thebroker
11-30-2003, 09:20 PM
I, like many people have 2 accounts at UB, ONLY 1 for REAL money. I normally play real money and tourneys. However I have a good friend who claims to be one of the top 1000-2000 No-limit head-up players on UB. Big WOOP! Anyway he's been wanting to play me for awhile ,but I haven't felt like building a play money BR for that game. Just figured if someone had chips they didn't want, I'd play him. As for the funny post.......it was meant to be.

bunky9590
11-30-2003, 09:40 PM
Who's your friend? Chances are I busted him at least once or twice back in the day.

Mike Haven
11-30-2003, 09:57 PM
this is scary on so many levels

first, and mainly, that ub management would let loose someone that can't understand english on their customers

then that the person must have read my e-mail twice and still not understood it nor had the wit to ask a colleague what i was talking about, nor been instructed by management to ask for assistance if in doubt

i am just a punter but i know of maybe five or six poker forums - imo 2+2 is the number one forum on the internet - this person works for a poker site and doesn't appear to have heard of 2+2 (it is within the url) nor even know how to click on the url provided in an e-mail

if i worked for a poker site i would make dang sure i knew about every forum on the 'net and about every other poker site's offers, software and whatever else i needed to do my job efficiently and knowledgeably

seriously, if you had a query that required their thought to resolve it, how on earth could you get past this duffer barrier?

Mike Haven
12-01-2003, 04:10 PM
To be fair to them, they have just followed up the other two responses with this:

"Dear Player,

I apologize for the confusion. The support staff below obviously did not understand your question.

Players are allowed to transfer real money or play chips. What is not allowed with play chip transfers is selling them for cash. If a player wishes to send a friend a few thousand play chips for them to play a "higher stake" play chip table, we see no reason not to allow them.

Our policies are listed at wwwdotultimatebetdotcom/games/cash_rulesdothtml

In part:

Code of Conduct

UltimateBet strives to maintain a friendly and pleasant atmosphere for our players. While we are not responsible for the conduct of any player we do reserve the right to refuse use of our cardroom to anyone who violates our code of conduct.

The following is not permitted at UltimateBet:

Collusion with another player of any sort or any other form of cheating.
Verbally threatening any customer or employee of UltimateBet.
Using profanity or obscene language
Agreeing to check a hand when there is another player all-in
Telling anyone your hole cards before a pot is complete
Needlessly stalling the action in a game
Making any statements that could unfairly influence the action in a game
Chatting in any language other than English during game play
Begging other players for play chips or real money
Selling play chips for cash
Violation of any of the above rules is grounds for warning, suspension of chat privileges, permanent barring of chat privileges, suspension of playing privileges, permanent barring of playing privileges.

In each player's account services area there is a transfer button. Clicking this button brings up the following information regarding transfers:

$1 minimum required for real money transfers
10,000 minimum required for play chip transfers
UltimatePoints are not transferable between accounts

Only customers with preferred accounts are eligible to transfer real money. Ask us how you can get a preferred account.

Thank you for allowing us to clear up any misconceptions, and the offer to post a reply on 2+2. However, current policy does not allow support to post on a public forum. If you wish, you may post this email verbatim for others to see if you desire.

As always, if there is anything else I can assist you with, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,

xxxx"