PDA

View Full Version : preflop play with 77 in a $10 sit and go

Gronk
11-29-2003, 10:10 AM
I'm in a $10 + 1 buy-in single table tournament on party poker.

I haven't been very successful lately playing in these single tables. I will end up getting enough chips to last me until we're down to 4 players but end up finishing in 4th from playing tight as often as I finish in the money. I've decided to try a more aggressive style and see how it works....anyway on to the hand.

It's early, no big pots yet. Everyone is pretty much evenly stacked...blinds are up to 15/30. I'm dealt 77 in late position. 5 limpers to me and I limp. Folded to small blind who min raises. All call to me and I go all-in.

I think, in hindsight this was too agressive to the point of being foolish. My reasoning at the time was I'm ahead of everyone without a pocket pair and maybe those who have a higher pocket pair will put me on aces or kings and fold.

Any comments on this foolheardy play?

CrisBrown
11-29-2003, 12:17 PM
Hi Gronk,

You tried to bluff a 7-way pot. Nuff said....

Take the cheap flop and move in if you catch your set. Otherwise, fold and wait for a better time.

Cris

Eihli
11-29-2003, 06:24 PM
This was definitely not the hand to be more aggressive on. You should wait untill it's down to 4 or 5 people to be more aggressive. Early on, play super tight and don't be aggressive with marginal hands, only play pairs when it's cheap and get out unless you hit a set. As the blinds rise and the players fall, then start playing marginal hands a lot more aggressively.

Mike Gallo
11-29-2003, 06:59 PM
. I'm dealt 77 in late position. 5 limpers to me and I limp. Folded to small blind who min raises. All call to me and I go all-in.

Limp reraise,no good. I would have waited for a better opportunity to steal the pot.