PDA

View Full Version : Blinds Play - Again

Dov
11-28-2003, 05:33 PM
I think I played this ok, but I still need to ask your opinions.

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Hero has 4s, Js and is BB

UTG limps, EP2 limps, CO limps, Button limps, SB folds, Hero checks

Flop(6 SB): Jd, 5c, Th

Hero bets, UTG calls, EP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds

Turn(7 BB): 6d

Hero bets, UTG calls, EP2 calls

River(10 BB): 7c

Hero checks, UTG checks, EP2 bets, Hero calls, UTG folds

Was it wrong for me to bet this flop? this turn? call the river?

I ended up losing to AJ in EP2.

I think that I keep trapping myself in the blinds.

Help!

Thanks guys.

Sven
11-28-2003, 06:20 PM
I would have not played that hand from the BB its so easy to have the second best hand before it's over and depending on the table lots of people in EP will limp in with AQo,AJo ATs KJs QJs. Some of these you can open raise with but lots of LL players will limp with them

Dov
11-28-2003, 06:36 PM
The problem was that I got a free play in the blind. Should I always just check TP lousy kicker?

bunky9590
11-28-2003, 07:15 PM
Not always, but frequently. Usually check fold for me. Always in bad shape unless you hit the kicker.

Sven
11-28-2003, 07:25 PM
I'm not saying never play them but I agree with bunky!

Saborion
11-28-2003, 08:57 PM
Not always. But having J as your high card you can easily be dominated by someone limping in with AJ down to 7J (which is almost unplayable btw).

Henke
11-28-2003, 10:25 PM
Maybe an alternative play would be to check, and if someone bets from early position, fold (if the player isn't a habitual bluffer). If the bet comes from late position, CR. Of course, you may still be dominated, but it's more possible that the bet from late position is a bluff or semibluff with a lower pair.

brian0729
11-28-2003, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I played this ok, but I still need to ask your opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. Keep asking, your game will get better.

I think you played this hand just fine. EP2 will have ATo here more often with the way he played. He had TPTK and made no effort to win the pot. Mark him as passive and move on. Dont sweat it.

Flop: The bet is fine you dont want to give free cards to hands like KQ or 98. I think this is the closest play of the hand. You could check call because a hand like KQ may raise you and if they bet you will probably have very close to the odds to call any way, so I think betting is ok. Plus if you get raised the hand is over right there.

Turn: Your bet is a semi bluff. You would like your hand to improve and if your opponents folded that would be ok too. Its not horrible against two opponents. I wouldnt try it against any more than that.

River: Easy check call

Guido
11-29-2003, 08:27 PM
lots of people in EP will limp in with AQo,AJo ATs KJs QJs

That doesn't make it right to just check-fold.

Guido
11-29-2003, 08:28 PM
The problem was that I got a free play in the blind. Should I always just check TP lousy kicker?
No, you played it fine. The one with the AJo played it wrong.

Dov
11-29-2003, 08:30 PM
Thanks Guido.

Guido
11-29-2003, 08:31 PM
I think you played this hand just fine.

I couldn't agree more.