PDA

View Full Version : % of flops seen

me454555
11-28-2003, 04:53 PM
After hitting an extended loosing streak, I'm starting to question where I am going wrong. The first thing I noticed was that I seemed to be playing too many hands. My flop seen % is consistently around 25%. I've heard it should be around 20% during optimal play. I think the high # is due to the passive preflop play and my free plays from the blinds. I was hoping that some of you can tell me your percentage @ party .50/1.00 so that I can compare

bisonbison
11-28-2003, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After hitting an extended loosing streak, I'm starting to question where I am going wrong. The first thing I noticed was that I seemed to be playing too many hands. My flop seen % is consistently around 25%. I've heard it should be around 20% during optimal play. I think the high # is due to the passive preflop play and my free plays from the blinds. I was hoping that some of you can tell me your percentage @ party .50/1.00 so that I can compare

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm breakeven at party .5/1, and my total flops seen is 19.5%. From the blinds I see about 28%.

bunky9590
11-28-2003, 07:24 PM
Well I'm not @ Party, but I am at UB and TGC .50/1.00 and 1/2. My average flop seen % INCLUDING the blinds is 22%. I'm earning just over 2.5 BB/hr. Yes you need to tighten up a bit, but work on the post flop play. Quit chasing without the odds.

ramjam
11-28-2003, 10:25 PM
I think it's difficult to state what the optimum percentage is. If the game is very loose passive with little pre-flop raising and your opponents play really badly, seeing 25% of flops sounds OK to me (but I don't claim to be an expert).

When comparing stats, it's also important to consider how many players on average were seated at the table. As it drops, it becomes optimal to enter more pots and become more aggressive.

I think your best strategy might be to review what hands you're losing money on and in particular consider the following common pre-flop traps:

- cold-calling;
- KTo, QTo, JTo;
- KJo (and to a lesser extent ATo) played early or multi-way;
- playing Kxs and Qxs as if they were Axs;
- limping too liberally with small/medium suited connectors and small pairs when the game tightens up;
- calling with one big card in the SB;
- underestimating the cost of calling raises from the SB (and how your awful position makes post-flop play so tricky).

If you would like details of my own stats, PM me although I only have about 70 hours of Party 0.5/1 in Pokertracker.

me454555
11-29-2003, 03:29 AM
Heres my exact %

Saw flop all hands = 24.13%
Saw flop when not in a blind = 13.61%
Vol put $ in SB = 31.69%

Tell me what you think

chesspain
11-29-2003, 11:31 AM
For microlimits, I think that your numbers are fine. Just hang in there, and play solid poker. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Webster
11-29-2003, 11:56 AM
me454555 - just to compair $1 table 46.01% Flop Average for opponents

I'm winning 5.9 BB per hour over the last 1400 hands

Saw flop all hands = 27.28
Saw flop when not in a blind = 15.67%
Vol put $ in SB = 54.21% LOL - perhaps a little loose but it's my best position. Take away the the blind $$ and I win0.40 per hand

$$ WSF 30.30%
PF raise 7.73% oddly it's less then at the 1/2 tables.

How long is your "extended" losing streak. with so many people in the pot the odds are sometimes ripe for suited connectors to come into play - I probebly play more hands then most but win some big pots when I hit and get out fast with nothing.

I think the biggest problem is drawing hands and pot odds. There are times that the pot is SO small it does not pay to to play. IF you have 6 outs and there is less then 4 BB's in the flop - get out. Heck if you have 8 outs for the nut and there is less then $3 in the pot - it's not worth it.

When ever I get in a loosing streak it's because of drawing hands not hitting. It's a freaking streaky game - hang in there.

JDErickson
11-29-2003, 03:29 PM
2121 hands in Poker Tracker. .50/1.00 and 1/2

Saw Flop All Hands - 25.6%
Saw Flops Not a Blind - 18.59%
Vol put $ in from SB - 21.21%
Preflop raise - 6.13%
BB/Hour - 2.59

me454555
11-29-2003, 11:01 PM
Thanx for the words of encouragement. After hitting my extended loosing streak, 50BB, it feels like nothing is going right. I feel like im getting bluffed off of every hand sometimes and when I play aggressive with a big hand, I end up loosing to any 2 card players. I've decided to take the weekend off, I think I need a break and I have too much work to do. Thanx for your help guys. G/L to all

Webster
11-29-2003, 11:43 PM
I know exactly how you feel 50BB is not THAT much but it does hurt. Normally this happens when (like you say) you are not hitting ANYTHING and the others are hitting their 3's on the river.

My suggestion is to take a break and come back strong. They probebly are NOT bluffing and if some one raises 99% of the time they mean it.

Play straight forward, nothing tricky, Hold'm. If you flop something play it - if not - fold it. Works for me when I get a streak. In the past 3 weeks I've had runs of 75, 52 and 51 hands in a row with out a win - nada, nothing.

BUT - sooner or later they do hit again.

Sven
11-29-2003, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My suggestion is to take a break and come back strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well when your looseing it don't feel good we all know the feeling but The Bear passed this on to me and I believe it helped me a bunch so I thought I would pass it on also /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe in taking breaks when you're in the middle of a run of bad luck. This is something that every poker player must learn to deal with. You know what the best way to learn is? Play through it. Like everyone else, I used to get upset when I was losing. But I knew that I didn't want to feel that way forever. So every time that I caught a bad run, despite how emotionally distraught I was, I forced myself to suck it up and deal (and constantly do #1 above). Now, I am completely immune to tilt and it is a huge asset for my poker game. Bad beats are part of poker. Don't run from them, embrace them. If you do that, and avoid playing beyond your means, nothing will ever upset you.

[/ QUOTE ]