PDA

View Full Version : Good fold or not?

Gomez22
11-28-2003, 02:52 PM
TGC 1/2 - Loose aggressive table

I'm MP2 with A /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, I call, MP2 folds, MP3 raises, CO calls, button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

FLOP: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, I call, MP3 raises, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, I call.

TURN: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, BB calls, UTG folds, I think... and think... and think.... finally, I fold, MP3 calls.

RIVER: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, BB calls, MP3 folds.

Comments????

My thoughts: I think I should have raised the flop.... correct or not? But I thought I'd see a raise behind me, so I just called... probably the worst thing I coulda done here. And when the raise came from behind, and the SB bet out again, I figured I was toast, so I folded.

RESULTS LATER

JDErickson
11-28-2003, 03:40 PM
I hate AT in any position but late for this exact reason. What will you do if an A flops?

Since you are in I would probably bet the flop for information. Since you called the flop other players may have you on a weaker A or less. I would probably bet until I was challenged by a raise. Then I would call it down. I have seen too much crap at this level to assume someone knows what they are doing.

Jim

me454555
11-28-2003, 05:51 PM
Fold this preflop. The only time I'm a fan of playing A10o is in lp when there are no limpers. I used to play this hand a lot more but I found it to be a HUGE loser in poker tracker.

Dov
11-28-2003, 06:16 PM
I agree with you. This should have been folded preflop, but I would probably have played it the way you described once the bad call was already made.

Gomez22
11-28-2003, 07:28 PM
SB had A9o and took it down....... talk about being pissed-off!!!! Am I correct in thinking that I should have raised the flop? I know I shouldn't normally play this except in LP, but I didn't really figure for a PF raise as the more aggressive players were to my right.

Sven
11-28-2003, 07:51 PM
Well you know that's not a good hand to be played there so I won't talk about that. If your going to play it I think its best to either bet or fold from MP.

chesspain
11-29-2003, 12:35 AM
Gomez22 knows better than to play this hand. Maybe it was played by his evil, money losing twin, Gomez44 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gomez22
11-29-2003, 12:44 AM
HEHEHEHEHE... yes, I know better, it wasn't tilt, boredom or anything like that... I just had NO respect for any of these players at the table. I guess after this hand, I proved my point, although it cost me a hefty pot /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Funny thing is, I had been getting sooooooo much respect with my raises here, I thought more about my table image suffering if I raised and went to SD with this hand - to put it bluntly, I was scared.... that's the bottom line here... I was a scared little nancy-girl with a pretty pink skirt on and lacy ruffled girlie panties!

Next time, I'm raising in a similar situation and seeing just where the hell I stand!

chesspain
11-29-2003, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Funny thing is, I had been getting sooooooo much respect with my raises here, I thought more about my table image suffering if I raised and went to SD with this hand - to put it bluntly, I was scared

[/ QUOTE ]

Scared of what? Of them thinking that the next five times you raise PF that you'll be holding trash like ATo, rather than the solid, moneymaking cards you'll be playing. Gomez, that's called ADVERTISING! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gomez22
11-29-2003, 01:09 AM
I was talking about raising on the flop - Everything in me screamed to raise and get it to me and SB if I could, but I was a poo-nanny boy........ No aggressiveness, jsut weak-play... sorta the type of play that a zoo-ster would make here.... I'm so embarrassed.......... *sniff*

Maybe I should change my name to HavanaMez, or maybe GrinningGomez. That's how I felt I played this.