PDA

View Full Version : Did Phil try to burn his mole off?

Oski
11-28-2003, 03:02 AM
I've always wondered why Phil Hellmuth doesn't extract that mole from beside his nose. I saw the W.S.O.P. telecast this year and when it showed the clip of Phil meditating, etc. one can clearly see that his mole has been burned off. However, it is just as clear that it grew back before the tourney.

I am ignorant of these things, but is it really that difficult to burn a mole away? Do they usually just grow back? Can't a good surgeon routinely perform this operation?

I have always wondered about that, anyone know?

Wake up CALL
11-28-2003, 04:39 PM
I believe his mole is clsssified as dysplastic nevi. Another common name for this mole is whining mole or pouting mole. I have heard that Phil sometimes has this mole burned off during the middle of a hand just to have it grow back after he suffers a "bad beat". /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cyrus
11-29-2003, 06:44 AM
Sometimes a mole is not really a mole but a colony of viruses on the skin and they're not the kind that have .exe in their names. They are not dangerous or rare but some people's skins are not quipped to deal with them so they form some kind of moles that get itchy if not burned off (actually a subfreeze dip is applied with the same effect). Those 'moles' grow back but it's very rare that they grow back in the same spot.

trillig
11-29-2003, 09:28 AM
I don't think Phil's is a classic mole, I had my uncle, a PhD/MD who works as a family practitioner and part-time surgeon, remove a bunch of moles for me on my shoulders, back, and one on my neck. He attempted a small bump similar to Phil's on my nose, that area is extra delicate and you can do what he did to my others, which if you really want to know I will tell ya.

**Graphic details of procedure in next P# skip if squimish please**

OK fine, He takes novicaine filled cyringe in one hand, razor blade in the other. Pulls the skin around the moles up after applying alcohol, shoots in novicaine under the mole, then pull the mole area and swipes it and the skin in immediate vacinity right off, ten times real quick, was amazing, after each swipe he takes an electric needle and coderizes the blood (stops the wound from bleeding immediately!) I did look at my missing hunks, just out of curiosity and they were quite bloody, but I was not bleeding, they all scabbed up and I didnt pick any of them no matter how tempting and no issues.

My total outlay: 12 hour drive and I fixed uncle's PC while I was there.
I'd call that a pretty severe discount. 8)

What Phil needs to do to get rid of that thing permanent, is see a plastic surgeon, that sucker is deep like mine and probably would run him 5-10G's to get rid of and to fix the damage to the area. Sorry insurance does not cover this type of thing unless deemed cancer or similar MUST go type fare.
It's pretty dangerous to fart around in that area also, just imagine if something went wrong... so I really don't blame anyone for NOT doing it when it's that close to the nose/eyes.

Regular moles are pretty easy, but will scar in most cases somewhat, although the one I hated so much on my neck is gone for good, I had this done in the early 90's.
I have light scars for most of my shoulder/back ones, but unless looking careful, you might not notice them, looks like vaccine scar or like someone put a cigarette out on me, but still preferable to the moles. 8)

My uncle said normally you got see a skin doc for mole removal and figure $500 a piece or $300 on up in quantity. Pretty funny, my uncle removed 10 moles in like 5 mins. And tried with liquid nitrogen to burn off the one on my nose, didn't help, that one for me due to location would cost over $5000 to fix by a plastic surgeon, believe me I have picked at it more than once and it just comes back for more, and moles will just bleed and bleed and bleed and bleed if you pick them off, nature's corks I call them.

Mine sorta helps keep my glasses in place and it's not real noticable anyhow unless you are in my personal space. 8)

I stopped worrying about my looks after a bad accident in the mid '90's, it's really a vain/pathetic thing to torture yourself over, and I managed to find a hell of a lady, who didn't care, and I managed to marry her. 8)

-t