PDA

View Full Version : Standard?

lil'
11-27-2003, 11:11 PM
Party Poker 10/20 (5 handed)
I raise a weak limper and the SB (who will play any 2 here) with red 8's in the BB. Both call.

Flop(6 SB): Ts, Jc, 2d

I bet, limper calls, SB folds. I have begun to suspect the limper is capable of making poor calls. I have seen him chase gutshots heads up. So the call doesn't exactly mean he is setting me up.

Turn(4 BB): Kh

I bet, he calls.

River(6 BB): 2h

I check.

stripsqueez
11-27-2003, 11:27 PM
hard to imagine a much worse turn card - i'm ready to give up and check/fold the turn - the only moderately sensible hands you beat are lower pocket pairs

i appreciate that many players call the flop bet and then fold on the turn - "like its there job" - as one poster recently put it - but when you bet the turn you have to think of the river too - if you bet the turn and get raised its probably easy - if instead your turn bet gets called then you either bet the river or check/call - anything else looks unpalatable to me - in short - betting the turn is buying deeper into this pot than the $20 you put in on that betting round

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

rigoletto
11-27-2003, 11:29 PM
Standard for shorthanded!

When they just call bet away. I also like the check on the river since they of try to bluff here.

TheLoser
11-27-2003, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hard to imagine a much worse turn card - i'm ready to give up and check/fold the turn - the only moderately sensible hands you beat are lower pocket pairs

[/ QUOTE ] sensible for who? I am betting until someone tells me I am beat, people will call with all kinds of crazy hands shorthanded

lil'
11-28-2003, 09:57 AM
I checked the river, and my opponent checked as well. I won. Hand history says he had Q-5o. My suspicions about him were confirmed...