PDA

View Full Version : Flopped the nut flush, but....

chesspain
11-27-2003, 09:06 PM
My struggles to go beyond break-even the last few weeks at the Party and Paradise 1/2 tables continue. After getting my bankroll up 30BB yesterday, I watched it slide back down 30BB after 200 hands, while seeing approx. 20% of the flops and winning approx. 3% of hands.

The following hand was played at a loose Party 1/2 table. Of the following players, EP3 had already sucked out a runner-runner straight against me with two otherwise dead overcards, whereas MP2 had shown an ability to play any single paint.

I'm UTG and am dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I openlimp, EP2 calls, EP3 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, folded to BB who checks...five to the flop...5.5SB

Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets, I call, EP2 calls, EP3 raises, MP2 coldcalls, BB calls, I call...five to the turn for 7.25BB

[Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, I bet, EP2 folds, EP3 raises, MP2 three-bets, BB folds, I cap, EP3 coldcalls, MP2 calls...four to the river for 19.25BB

[Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif] J /images/graemlins/heart.gif DAMN!!

I check, EP3 checks, MP2 bets, I and EP3 call...results below...
EP3 showed 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the straight
MP2 showed Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the turned boat

brian0729
11-27-2003, 09:43 PM
Hey Chess,

Tough hand. I would have played a little different. I think you should cap the flop, once the war starts you have the nuts no reason to wait till the turn there not going anywhere.

Once the board pairs I would have just called the turn. The craziness on the flop sure looks like a set and someone may have filled up.

River. You have to make the crying call but you know your toast.

I just went thru a large blow to my bankroll as well, hang in there. /images/graemlins/wink.gif