PDA

View Full Version : 5 bets on river, no nuts

D.J.
11-27-2003, 09:06 PM
Played some poker on Thanksgiving, I've been playing for about 3 hours very aggressive the whole time, and loosened up some as the game becomes passive. I raise utg w/ red AA get called in 3 places, CO 3-bets all in and SB a fairly solid player caps. 6-way to the flop of

9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets out, I raise, 2 drop, 1 LP caller, SB calls. 4 players to the turn, 1 all in, bringing the 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, SB checks, I bet folded to SB who calls. River brought the 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif, SB checks, I bet, he check-raises, I 3-bet, he 4-bets, I 5-bet, he calls....

-D.J.

Ed Miller
11-27-2003, 09:44 PM
Against any sort of reasonable player, you way overplayed your hand on the river. Additionally, I probably would have waited for the turn to raise in this situation. Since half the field folded for your flop raise, though, raising the flop may have been correct in your situation.

Duke
11-27-2003, 10:40 PM
No nuts? I think going 5 bets with 2 pair on that board is indicative of them being very large indeed.

Hope your hand was good... I think you actually have a chance to be good here, but not 5 bets worth in my book. My nuts are not that large.

~D