PDA

View Full Version : TT - Muck it pre-Flop?

Brian
11-27-2003, 09:03 PM
Just sat down at a Party 3/6 table and am now on my small blind. I am dealt T /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. EP, MP, LP limp, Button raises. I've recently been advocating folding TT when someone raises and no one has yet to enter the pot, but I figure my Tens will win their fair share of the time in this multiway pot. I would've re-raised if I thought it would get anyone to fold, but this is low limit Party here. I am also out of position, so... I called. The BB folded, and everyone else called. 5 to the Flop for 11sb.

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to the Button who bets, I raise, everyone else folds. 2 to the Turn for 15sb (7.5bb).

Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, button calls. 2 to the River for 9.5bb.

River: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, button calls. Results below.

R
E
S
U
L
T
S

Button has A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif and says "Nice river".

-Brian

Webster
11-27-2003, 09:17 PM
YUP - I'd re-raise and see who has the real balls! As for your results - AA - what can ya do!

Ed Miller
11-27-2003, 09:49 PM
Mucking TT from the blind against just one raise and three limpers is absurd. I think just calling as you did is probably best. That will give you good checkraising position after the flop, and good trapping the field position if you flop a set.

markcinva
11-27-2003, 09:52 PM
my only thought is that with any callers, you sbould take any pair to the flop in any but EP. I think this sounds lose, but i think you only have to hit like 1 in 20 if you fold post flop with anything that doesn't seem to be solid. I might not be doing the math right, i'm giving implied odds of 10 BB's in the pot put in by other people if you hit. Am i missing something here.

GuyOnTilt
11-27-2003, 11:16 PM
I think you played perfectly on every street. Make a note that the Button is very weak postflop when shown aggression. How would you have reacted to a turn raise? A flop 3-bet?

GoT