PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 4 handed

TheLoser
11-27-2003, 06:11 PM
This is kind of confusing because there is alot of betting and limp-reraising in this hand. This is a wild 15/30 at party early in the am, 2 of the 3 playing at the table with I had been playing with for 3 hours. I am UTG and raise with 88 suits unimportant. Button (seeing 75% of flops and plays any pair very strongly) cold calls, SB 3 bets, from the blinds for him to 3 bet he needs any ace, two face cards or ofcourse a PP. BB cold calls, this is the play that scares me most, he has been playing pretty tight and shows very little agression unless he has a very strong hand. I call the extra bet and now the button caps, we all see the flop for 4 bets each. 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif SB checks and BB bets, I raise and button 3 bets, SB cold calls and BB calls as do I. 28 sb in the pot. At this point I am very sure the SB has a flush draw and this is about all I am sure of. Turn 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif checked to button who bets we all call. River is 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif SB checks and BB bets, I think for a second and raise, comments?

Diplomat
11-27-2003, 06:17 PM
What pocket pair did you put the big blind on that you can beat?

-Diplomat

TheLoser
11-27-2003, 06:45 PM
I like my river play, I will explain why later, as for the rest of the hand, YUK when do you let this go if you do, and how differently do you play it?

Diplomat
11-27-2003, 07:09 PM
I would have called the river, pretty sure I was beat, but hoping for an overcall from the button if I was ahead.

-Diplomat

stripsqueez
11-27-2003, 07:24 PM
full games that reduce to 4 handed can be crazy in my limited experience - lots of players over compensate and the game gets super loose and aggressive - i agree with diplomat - unless this is the sort of school i'm talking about, which doesnt quite marry with your description, i struggle to believe you can beat the BB - the button may be a madman but his actions, if close to sane on this occasion, suggest that he probably has you beat too - only a very bad player is getting bluffed off a hand that beats you by raising the river

if i was the BB, when i bet the flop after calling the 3 bet my most likely hand was 88-QQ - i might of had a 4 but your description is "tight and shows little aggression" so probably not

i'm not certain but i think i'm a chance to fold when the BB bets the flop - my pot and implied odds are huge at that point but i would know that the button is a big chance to raise and i would know that if i call now i am very likely committed to the end

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Ed Miller
11-27-2003, 07:31 PM
I too would just call on the river. The likelihood that you will fold a better hand behind you for two bets cold is virtually nil. Just call and let them overcall with fours and sixes and ace-high.

Gabe
11-28-2003, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
....YUK when do you let this go if you do, and how differently do you play it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, you can’t get away from it the way the betting went down, but it is yukky. Looking forward to the rationale behind the river raise.