PDA

View Full Version : Help! Got killed today!

Henke
11-27-2003, 06:02 PM
Lost $25 over 2h playing party $0.5/$1. So, here are some hands, and please, tell me how bad I played... /images/graemlins/frown.gif
(Spoiler at the bottom)

Hand 1:
Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Hero has 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is CO

UTG limps, EP1(poster) checks, EP2 limps, Hero limps, Button limps, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(7 SB): 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, BB folds, UTG folds, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls

Turn(6 BB): J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, EP1 calls, EP2 folds, Hero calls, Button calls

River(10 BB): 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, EP1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls

Hand 2:
Party Poker 0.50/1 (6 handed)
Hero has K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is button

UTG limps, Hero limps, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls

Turn(3.5 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, BB folds, Hero raises, SB reraises, Hero calls

River(9.5 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB bet, Hero calls.

Hand 3:
Party Poker 0.50/1 (9 handed)
Hero has T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is MP1

Hero raises, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls

Flop(8 SB): 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB bets, Hero raises, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls

Turn(11 BB): 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, Hero bets, CO folds, BB raises, Hero calls

River(15 BB): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, Hero calls

Hand 4:
Party Poker 0.50/1 (7 handed)
Hero has 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is SB

UTG limps, MP1 limps, CO(poster) checks, Button folds, Hero limps, BB checks

Flop(5 SB): J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, CO checks

Turn(2.5 BB): 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls

River(6.5 BB): K/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, UTG raises, MP1 folds, CO calls, Hero calls

======== SPOILER =======
Hand 1:
SB had T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif
EP1 had K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
Button had 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hand 2:
SB had 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif for flopped straight.

Hand 3:
BB had J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hand 4:
UTG shows K/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif for trips

Saborion
11-27-2003, 08:39 PM
I`m not giving advice on how to play since I still need to learn myself. But I can give comments. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hand 1:
I think this is a clear fold on the river. Your flush didn`t get there. Best case scenario I think you would split. Someone might have an 8 but is too afraid to raise with it due to the possible straight, which someone also might have. I would fold this hand.

Hand 2:
Is K7 that good a hand sh? You do have the button, but still? I`m very much new to sh, just curious.
I think you played it ok. Not sure how to handle the SB though since he 3-bet on the turn. Might be a fold on the river? Need others view on this.

Hand 3:
In most cases I would fold to the turn raise, even though I sometimes don`t. That`s mostly because I can`t let go of hands every now and then, I`m working on that issue.
Depends a bit on the player. Could be someone playing JJ or something like that, being a bit too afraid to 3-bet pre. Strange thing is that the raise come on the turn, so I`d still think you`re behind here. Really not sure what the BEST play is. Player dependant I`d say.

Hand 4:
Isn`t this a fold pre? If you had a full table you would get very nice odds, maybe making it worth to see the flop and then fold unless flopping very good. Once again, not sure if that`s the correct way of thinking, so please correct me since this might be a leak I have.
That last K should`ve made your hand stronger, but since UTG raised, I`m not all that sure it did. Going for an overcall here and only using your J, not sure, but I think it`s a fold. But I`m a bit too tight post-flop. Need opinions. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cold_cash
11-27-2003, 08:53 PM
Fold all of these hand pre-flop except hand 3.

I think you played it (hand 3) ok.

lil'
11-27-2003, 09:27 PM
If hands one and two are any indication, you are limping in with trashy hands. That'll kill ya.

markcinva
11-27-2003, 09:31 PM
my only question is, why did you call a single one of these hands preflop?

markcinva
11-27-2003, 09:33 PM
except hand 3

brian0729
11-27-2003, 09:34 PM
Fold all of these preflop but hand three. That hand was played fine. And lil is right on limping with this trash will get you killed and broke quickly.

You might want to find a good starters book, like Winning low limit holdem by Jones to iron out your pre flop decisions.

Henke
11-27-2003, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold all of these preflop but hand three. That hand was played fine. And lil is right on limping with this trash will get you killed and broke quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, just realized the hard way /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. It's amazing what a few bad beats and a couple of rounds of cold cards can do to your "card perception". Suddenly Qxs seems to be a great money winner just cuz LAG in EP1 just busted your AQ with one.

[ QUOTE ]

You might want to find a good starters book, like Winning low limit holdem by Jones to iron out your pre flop decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually I've got it /images/graemlins/blush.gif Will probably need to study it though /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks for taking time to answer!

Henke
11-27-2003, 10:38 PM
Yeah. A couple of beers later (and some time away from the computer) I suddenly feel embarased about even posting those hands /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Well, hopefully I won't make the same mistake again (I'm willing to bet on it if I get at least 1000-1 /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Thanks for your time!

Joe Tall
11-27-2003, 11:21 PM
What up Henke?

Ok, suggestion, multiple hand post don't get too much action around here. Just want to let you know for future posts.

Hand#1
Preflop FOLD!
Well if you are going to flop top pair, I'd raise it.

Hand#2
Preflop FOLD!
Why did you call on the flop? Fold here as well.

Hand#3
Nice raise preflop.
The BB bet out on the flop w/Top pair and you raised, he called.
When the top pair came on the turn and he check-raised you can lay this down.

Hand#4
Again fold preflop.

We'll tighten you up yet and you'll be winning in no time, stick with it.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Joe Tall
11-27-2003, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I suddenly feel embarased about even posting those hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Never feel embarassed about posting hands. I have a 'No Shame Posting' policy and it has turned me into the player I am today.

Peace,
JT

Henke
11-28-2003, 05:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What up Henke?

Ok, suggestion, multiple hand post don't get too much action around here. Just want to let you know for future posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, thanks for the tip!
[ QUOTE ]

Hand#1
Preflop FOLD!
Well if you are going to flop top pair, I'd raise it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok. Yeah, when I think about it, this may be the best course of action. If I'm reraised, I know I'm up against something good, and if/when SB bets/check-raises on the turn I can safely lay it down. Or would this be weak?
[ QUOTE ]

Hand#2
Preflop FOLD!
Why did you call on the flop? Fold here as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thought K7o might be good 6-handed /images/graemlins/blush.gif But when I think about it, calling was probably the worst possible alternative out of raise/call/fold. Would K9 be playable under the same cicumstances? Or what kicker would be needed (6-handed)? If the K7 would be suited, is it still a fold?

[ QUOTE ]

Hand#3
Nice raise preflop.
The BB bet out on the flop w/Top pair and you raised, he called.
When the top pair came on the turn and he check-raised you can lay this down.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very true...

[ QUOTE ]

Hand#4
Again fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seems like I'm far too lose on SB, especially with two-gaps... Need to plug that leak...

[ QUOTE ]

We'll tighten you up yet and you'll be winning in no time, stick with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the encouragement, will work on my discipline. That seems to be the biggest leak at the moment.

JDErickson
11-28-2003, 06:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If the K7 would be suited, is it still a fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion yes.

What is your Flop percentage? I would bet its fairly high. Tighten up and ram them when you got them

Jim

Henke
11-28-2003, 06:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion yes.

What is your Flop percentage? I would bet its fairly high. Tighten up and ram them when you got them

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, 30% /images/graemlins/blush.gif
Just read in a thread on General theory that 20-25% is good in a loose game, so I will need to tighten up some...
(Btw, 30% is actually "vol put money in" from pokertracker, not flops seen).

Hellrazor
11-28-2003, 10:39 AM
30% VP$IP is extremely high, at .50/$1 party I would say you need to get this to around %15.

Hand 1-
Easy fold, only place this is playable is SB on a very loose passive table. As a rule don't play Qxs.

Hand 2-
Easy fold - even suited.

Hand 3-
Played well enough, but as Joe Tall said, that check raise after betting out on the top pair on the flop screams a set of 8's.

Hand 4-
Up until a month ago I would have played this from the SB. I learned the hard way, don't play a lot of hand because you feel the half small bet entitles you to. Fold away. Remember you are in the worst position for the rest of the hand if you call.

JDErickson
11-28-2003, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Btw, 30% is actually "vol put money in" from pokertracker, not flops seen

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm currently at 18.91% and I know I have leaks to plug still. 15% is a good target.

Jim

rkiray
11-28-2003, 01:55 PM
I think 15 % may be a little too tight. In 2/4-5/10 games I think 17% is close to optimal. In these games I think you can usually play a few more hands (because the games are often loose passive). The low 20s (21-22%) is my best guess for a target.