PDA

View Full Version : Microgaming client changes.

mongeron
11-27-2003, 01:25 PM
Hello all,

I haven't been playing at a Prima Poker site for a while. Today I went to Royal Vegas Poker, and I got to see the new client.

Well, it's nice to see that the advance action boxes have been made bigger. What borhers me now, and bothered with the old client, was the placement of action buttons when it is your turn.

The buttons appear over the table, I don't think it's better than the earlier placement. The buttons seem to also move randomly, at least I haven't yet figured out when they are where.

Especially in PL / NL games, where the slider is still on the right bottom side, the usage is quite clumsy.

Another problem with the buttons is that they are in totally weird order. Leftmost is Call, then Raise, and then Fold. One may get used to it in a while, but during the learning period one can make fatal mistakes because of it.

The standard order of the buttons is Fold, call, raise, in that order starting from left.

The Raise Any button is still there in PL/NL games, I haven't yet tried what it actually does to see if it is as brain-dead as before.

So, the first attempt to fix the buttons seems like a failure to me.

- mongeron

mongeron
11-27-2003, 01:27 PM
Just a small note, these comments apply to the small chat window version of the table, since that is the only usable form of the table window for me.

- mongeron