PDA

View Full Version : How did I l play these two hands with aces?

chesspain
11-27-2003, 01:00 PM
Hand 1: Paradise 1/2...haven't been there long; looks to be an average table...

I'm in the CO and dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG and UTG+1 both call, folded around to me and I raise, they both call.

4 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, I raise, both call

[4 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] K /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me and I bet, UTG calls, UTG+1 checkraises (DAMN!), I call, UTG calls.

[4 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif] T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG now comes out betting, UTG+1 calls, I call...should I just have released the aces here, despite the size of the pot?

Hand 2: Party 1/2 Fairly new to the table, no reads on anyone yet

I'm on the button, and dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Folded to EP1 and EP2, who both call, folded to me and I raise, folded back to BB who calls, limpers both call.

7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me and I bet, BB folds, EP1 and EP2 both call

[7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif] T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to me and I bet, only EP2 calls.

[7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif] 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Now, despite my betting all the way, EP2 comes out betting with the four-straight on the board...I fold...

Results of Hand #1 below...
UTG had Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif for trips
UTG+1 had J /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the turned straight