PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I won this hand

bunky9590
11-27-2003, 11:59 AM
TGC $1-$2 Table is pretty loose passive, with moments of aggression.

Hero is in the CO with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
3 limpers to me, I raise, button folds, SB and BB both call and limpers call. 6 to the flop for 6BB.

Flop comes J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, BB bets, MPP callers call, I raise, SB folds, BB calls, everyone calls.

Turn : 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (11 BB in pot)
BB checks, MP bets 2 callers, I call, BB check raises, EVERYONE CALLS!!, I have to call now (I think I'm behind here) but now 21BB in pot.

River: T /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB bets, 3 callers, I make the crying call with two pair King Kicker.

My hand is Good??????? $52.00 pot with that?????
BB had his 2 pair counterfeited on the end and never saw the other hands.

Just can't believe it held up.

lil'
11-27-2003, 12:13 PM
The turn action you describe is confusing. I'm not sure who bet.

The pot is gigantic by the end. The board paired so I think it's worth a look when you close the action. You gotta love having position.

bunky9590
11-27-2003, 12:16 PM
Lil, turn action is clarified. I had to call on the end, would be a "mathematical catastrophe" if I folded the winner.

bunky9590
11-27-2003, 04:36 PM
wanted to see if there was a leak in this hand or my game. I was seriously considereing folding to the check rasie except for all the callers and the size of the pot.

bunky9590
11-28-2003, 07:11 PM

jerrybai125
11-28-2003, 07:17 PM
BB could be raising to get money on his draw

GuyOnTilt
11-29-2003, 12:38 AM
I was seriously considereing folding to the check rasie except for all the callers and the size of the pot.

The only reason you call the turn here is because of your gutshot draw. Your hand is not likely to be best here, but you have outs. You should fold the river unless you improve to 2-pair or better though. I think you played it perfectly through-out. Good hand.

GoT

HavanaBanana
11-29-2003, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should fold the river unless you improve to 2-pair or better though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is a 2 on the river more scary than the T? so he should fold if river is a 2? but call as is?

GuyOnTilt
11-29-2003, 02:45 PM
Is a 2 on the river more scary than the T? so he should fold if river is a 2? but call as is?

It's not that a 2 is a "scare card" and should induce a fold, but that the c/r on the turn should tell you you're behind at these limits. At higher stakes, it could be a value raise, but at these stakes it means 2 pair or better. The only reason to call the raise is because of your gutshot draw, but a crying call on the river is fine if you improve to 2 pair, as it could've counterfeited the check-raiser's hand. So yes, the T is actually a better card for our hero than a 2 on the river.

GoT