PDA

View Full Version : Good lay down on the turn altough I would have won

Guido
11-27-2003, 08:16 AM
Loose 1/2 table at Party, 2 good players, 4 or 5 calling stations. No read on the rest. The 2 good players are not in this hand.

I'm the BB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG + 2 limps, MP limps, CO raises, SB calls, I call, limpers call.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, A /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet out to see where I stand. UTG + 2 calls, MP raises, CO folds, SB calls and I decide to call and check-fold the turn if I don't get a good card, UTG + 2 calls.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, UTG + 2 bets, MP raises (all-in), all fold except UTG + 2.

River: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG + 2 and MP split the pot with A3o both

I have no idea why I post this hand /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Alobar
11-27-2003, 08:25 AM
I hate hands like that. I'm working real hard on laying hands down (I take mine to far), then a hand like this will come along and make me wish I hadn't. Sometimes when I fold AA or KK I dont even wanna look at the screen to see what wins /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Drunk Bob
11-27-2003, 08:33 AM
How would you have beaten A3o?

Guido
11-27-2003, 08:43 AM
I guess you are drunk /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Drunk Bob
11-27-2003, 08:49 AM
Just Hungover .Didn't notice the other 8. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sleepy Weasel
11-27-2003, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet out to see where I stand. ... MP raises, CO folds, SB calls and I decide to call

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this "betting out to see where you stand"? If that was really what you were doing, why did you call a raise with a cold call right after it? I guess you're close to pot odds to hunt for 2 pair (15-1 with 3 outs?), but your outs might not even be good, you've got MP raising ahead of the preflop raiser, A8 is always a possibility. Plus one of your 5s is a heart. You have a very weak kicker, I'd fold to the flop raise, then make a note about MP.

(normal disclaimer that I'm still in early learning stages)

Guido
11-27-2003, 10:44 AM
I had no read on the CO and I was trying to get an idea about what he had. SB, UTG + 2 and MP were calling stations. A cold call from the SB didn't mean much and I put the MP on an Ace with a better kicker. You are right that he could have A8. The pot odds are 17:1 and with 2 good fives, 1 not optimal five and the runner runner straight I think it's worth a call although it's close. If it is a mistake, it's not a big one.

Good post though!