PDA

View Full Version : extra fishy???

MicroBob
11-27-2003, 06:11 AM
sure seems more fishy than usual tonight imo. yeah, i'm hitting some flops (two-pair with Q7 in BB paid decently) but i'm seeing more than usual chasing and larger than usual pots.
a few avg pot size on party 2/4 was 12x BB whereas usually i'm content to sit down if i see 8x-9x.

the combo of a WPT episode on a long holiday weekend seems to be having a very nice effect on the fish pool. my hunch is that it could likely stay that way through saturday or sunday.
anyone else agree or disagree with my assertion that it seems a bit fishier. maybe i just lucky and stumbled onto some good tables.

tiltboy
11-27-2003, 06:27 AM
I was railbirding a 15/30 game on Party tonight because it had an average pot size of close to $400. I watched 5 pots in a row go for more than $1k. Strange to see someone go from $50 to $1250 in one hand. Stranger still to see some of the crap that was being turned over after a capped flop. I guess my point is based on this one observation I agree with you. The $3/6 games I was actually in were pretty normal though.

Speaking of the WPT I think Gus Hansen has to be the luckiest mofo on the planet. Not to say he isn't skilled but jeebus he is lucky.

spike
11-27-2003, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Strange to see someone go from $50 to $1250 in one hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did 24 people call his $50 bet then?

mrbaseball
11-27-2003, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of the WPT I think Gus Hansen has to be the luckiest mofo on the planet. Not to say he isn't skilled but jeebus he is lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

Winning any of those tourneys takes a bucket load of luck. Every winner of major events almost always gets chastised for being lucky /images/graemlins/smile.gif And the truth is at some point they did get real lucky.

But Gus is one scary aggressive mofo too! I can't think of anyone I would rather NOT have sitting across the table from me.

AceHigh
11-27-2003, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of the WPT I think Gus Hansen has to be the luckiest mofo on the planet. Not to say he isn't skilled but jeebus he is lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fortune favors the brave.

tiltboy
11-27-2003, 08:16 PM
I didn't mean the person started with $50 but rather had $50 on the river after betting was finished and won a $1,200 hand. So to sum up, a player had $50 on the table at river, they won $1,200 hand, then they had $1,250 on table.