PDA

View Full Version : A play from the big blind

ParentFriend
11-27-2003, 05:57 AM
$1/2 at pacific, so incredibly loose, more so than it seems like the Party and Paradise games are. I've gotten over getting mad about bad beats a long time ago, and I'm not surprised to see any two cards at these tables. I've been beating the 50/1 games for 3BB an hour, over 150 hours, and I've had enough of a bankroll to move in on the 1/2 games which are only slightly tighter and less fishy than the 50/1. Well anyways I have a lot to learn so here's the hand, 1/2 at pacific, 9 handed. I've played with the Button before, but the only read I have on him is that in general he's a horrible player.

Parent dealt A7o in BB.
MP calls, LP calls, Button calls, SB completes, I check.

Flop comes 3 3 7 rainbow. (5 small bets)
SB checks, I bet. MP calls, LP folds, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn is a 9. (4 big bets)
I bet out, MP folds, Button raises. In these games I should know that a turn raise almost always means a monster. There's 7 big bets here, I think I should have folded, but I still have troubles laying down hands at times.

River is a Q. (8 big bets)
I consider the options here, and I decide to check call him down, knowing he'll play almost any cards and without any skill. Once again I think I should know I'm beat here and fold, but I check, he bets, and I call. His 23 takes it down. What do you guys think?

Saborion
11-27-2003, 06:32 AM
I`d say he has a 3 or a 9. For some reason I`d go with the 3, but it doesn`t really matter. Unless you think he`s bluffing you, you`re at best going to split the pot, unless maybe an ace comes on the river. Even then you might be out-kicked. Easy fold imo.

Guido
11-27-2003, 06:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think?

[/ QUOTE ]
Celebrate his presence at your table /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Drunk Bob
11-27-2003, 08:59 AM
From my play at Pacific it seems that if a pair comes on the flop someone allways has it!

lil'
11-27-2003, 12:20 PM
Sounds like you know where your mistake was here. The fact that this joker will play any two cards increases the odds that he could have trips.