PDA

View Full Version : TT in BB

Saborion
11-27-2003, 05:24 AM
Last post before bed me thinks. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

1/2. Loose passive. 9-handed.
EP1 open-raise, MP2 cold-call, CO cold-call, SB call (what`s the correct term for this? call? cold-call?), I call.
5 to the flop.

[A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif] 5 BB.
I bet the flop, hoping that EP1 has an ace and isn`t afraid to "use" it. That way making it expensive for the others to draw, while enabling me to 3-bet.
SB check, I bet, EP1 call, MP2 raise, CO cold-call,, I 3-bet, MP2 call, CO call.
3 to the turn.

T /images/graemlins/spade.gif [A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif] 9.5 BB.
I check, MP2 bet, CO call, I check-raise, MP2 call.
2 to the river.

2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif [T /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif] 14 BB.
I bet, MP2 call.

Believe it or not, my hand was good!
I got unlucky with EP1 not raising me on the flop, but it turned out ok anyway thanks for MP2.

1: What I now wonder is, should I have 3-bet pre-flop with TT in BB, jaming the pot in case I do flop good? I was out of position with a hand that is pretty vulnerable to many flops.

2: Should I have just called the flop and then check-raised the turn instead, trying to make more money? Obviously I made the right thing in this particular hand, but in general? It was an ok pot, and it should be better to get the money in there while you`re pretty sure you have the best hand right? Next card could give someone a flush or straight, and as far as I recall, one should put the money into the pot when one has the best hand, right? Is this always true, considering you can make more money on the later streets (if you`re hand is still good), by check-raising there?

Guido
11-27-2003, 06:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What I now wonder is, should I have 3-bet pre-flop with TT in BB, jaming the pot in case I do flop good? I was out of position with a hand that is pretty vulnerable to many flops.

[/ QUOTE ]
The raise came from EP and that represents a very strong hand. Like you said yourself, you don't have position also. That's why I think calling is best. When the raise came from the button I would 3-bet to get it HU.

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have just called the flop and then check-raised the turn instead, trying to make more money?

[/ QUOTE ]
NO, my advice is to never slowplay trips when there is a flush draw on the board. I occasionally slow-play trips when there is an unlikely straight draw.

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously I made the right thing in this particular hand, but in general?

[/ QUOTE ]
When I have trips:

I never slowplay when there is a flush draw on the board.

I occasionally slow-play a when there is an unlikely straight draw on the board.

When the flop is something like K93r, I ram and jam the flop because most players wait until the turn and don't put you on trips.

[ QUOTE ]
It was an ok pot, and it should be better to get the money in there while you`re pretty sure you have the best hand right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Most of the time, YES.

[ QUOTE ]
Next card could give someone a flush or straight, and as far as I recall, one should put the money into the pot when one has the best hand, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
See my answer above.

[ QUOTE ]
Is this always true, considering you can make more money on the later streets (if you`re hand is still good), by check-raising there?

[/ QUOTE ]
Almost always, it depend on the board. Trips are strong but not super strong. When you flop a nut flush draw, the nut straight on a rainbow board, full house or quads, then I slowplay.

Yesterday I had AQo in LP and raised 1 limper. Blinds and the limper called. Flop came KJTr. Checked to me and I bet out, SB and limper called. Turn a 6 making a two tone. I bet out again, both call. River a K and I bet out again, the SB C/R, we lose the PF limper, I call, he had KJo. Just to illustrate that even the nut straight isn't that strong.