PDA

View Full Version : 2 Computers, 6 Games at once....

Redhotman
11-27-2003, 12:57 AM
I have ventured into playing 6 games at once playing $2/$4. I plan to only play for about 30hr/wk. Is 1.0BB/HR a reasonable goal? I am a good, but not great solid player, who sees about 17% of the flops, never cold calls, ect.
I dont tilt easily.

What are opinions of this approach?
Anyone have experience with it?
At 1.0BB/HR that would equate to $24/Hr...Not bad at all
1.25BB/HR gets me all the way up to $30/HR

astroglide
11-27-2003, 01:42 AM
http://synergy2.sourceforge.net

yes, 1bb/hr is reasonable

Robk
11-27-2003, 02:18 AM
IMO this is silly, no offence. Why not spend some effort learning to play better? Then you can make $30 an hour playing a couple 5-10 and you won't go nuts staring at 6 games for 30 hours a week.

ZeeJustin
11-27-2003, 03:56 AM
I'm with Robk on this one. Playing 6 tables will burn you out, and you won't learn the game. You won't remember hands well enough to think back about how you played them. You won't be able to read players. You will most likely be making mistakes left and right.

Instead of doing this, you could take it slow, play 2 tables at once, and actually learn how to play poker. This way you might actually be able to move up in stakes, and make much more than the $24 an hour which IMO you probably won't attain playing this way.

all_aces
11-27-2003, 04:42 AM
My 2 cents:

Buy into a site for $40 and play shorthanded 1/2. When you have $80 play s/h 2/4. At $120 play s/h 3/6. Etc... If you start over from the beginning if you go bust, it's okay. You are learning the game, with a minimum initial investment.

Play only one table at a time, and pay attention to how, why, and when players bet. Eventually you can make 6K/wk playing only one shorthanded table (at higher limits obviously), without losing your mind from the pace of all the windows popping up demanding your attention.

That's my opinion, I'm sure others have different techniques that have worked for them.

Regards,
all_aces

pretender2k
11-27-2003, 05:58 AM
What are you guys (and gals) savants. I have trouble playing two games at once, of course I usually only play one because I am more concerned with learning yet. The first time I tried playing two at once I got AA on both at the same time and lost on that I would have folded if I had been able to pay attention to that table alone.

Piers
11-27-2003, 08:46 AM
Personally I wont all the information on one monitor screen. Two screens means head movement, which for me means too many mistakes. I use a nice 21” flat screen, which can fit four games on comfortably at 1200x1600. If some of the games are at ultimate bet you can fit more using their mini-game view.

I find four comfortable once I get in the rhythm. I only play four games at once when I am bonus whoring. Get four different promos going at four sites, giving you around $5 per hour. Play four games around $1/2 the level at once, one at each site; get around $30 per hour. Most of the money coming from the promotion.

When not bonus hunting I prefer just playing one higher limit game. Around 15/30 to 20/40. Probably make about the same but with more variance.

Redhotman
11-27-2003, 03:43 PM
I have PT and plan to study my results extensively. Look at the incredible sample of hand histories I will be dealing with. I can quickly view mistakes, ect.

I wont be following the games with the utmost attention, but I wil be playing so many hands that it will compensate for this, IMO.

Besides, playing small stakes 2/4, is mechanic.
Most hands are played the same each time, just look at the small stakes forum.

Redhotman
11-27-2003, 09:04 PM
it isnt normally that hard. I se 17% of flops roughly..
6 games at 60 hands per hour is 360hands/hour that has me seeing the flop 60 times/hour. No problem

Webster
11-27-2003, 09:21 PM
How can you see 17% of the flops - that's just plane silly. 10% comes from the big blind that leaves 7% and the SB eats a few also. way to tight for 3/6 I'd say!

TheLoser
11-27-2003, 09:37 PM
You are assuming that he is going to see EVERY flop from the big blind? 17% is a little tight but if you are still learning the game there is nothing wrong with that and you can deifinately make money only playing 17% of hands. In full ring games I play approx 20% of hands including the blinds.

Piers
11-28-2003, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you see 17% of the flops - that's just plane silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

17% is about right, there is something you are not understanding webster. I am with red here.

I think playing around 4 to 6 games of micro-limit is a reasonable strategy. It is particularly suitable for low bankrolls, as well as clearly the best way of getting through promotions quickly. I am averaging about 1.5BB per hour at mainly $1/2 playing around four or five games at once.

I still prefer playing one high limit game, its much more relaxing and probably averages more if not playing promotions. However the swings are of course much higher.

GuyOnTilt
11-28-2003, 01:47 AM
There's nothing silly with seeing only 17% of flops. That's tighter than 95% of posters on 2+2, but that's perfectly fine. Playing 6 tables at once, I'd play tighter than one or two, since playing marginal hands would lead to having to make multiple decisions simultaneously. During my stay at the 3/6 level, I saw 18% of flops. The blind structure tightens everybody up there. I'll just say that if he's playing that tight, he'd better be opening with a raise very, very frequently.

From the tone of your post, Webster, I'd say you're too loose. What percentage of flops are you seeing, and at what level?

GoT

Redhotman
11-28-2003, 04:15 AM
Do you have any experience playing multi-tables at once.
Do you think 1.0bb/HR for 6 games at 2/4 is reasonable? I wont really be gettting many reads, but i will keep good PT records and keep good notes from there on players.

My situation is this, I am not serious aenough about poker to grind it out any slowly go up in stakes. Right now, I just want a steady cash flow.

GuyOnTilt
11-28-2003, 06:25 AM
Check your PM's. We'll talk.

GoT

Paluka
11-28-2003, 10:16 AM
You will very likely make money playing 6 2/4 games at once, but you will also very likely never improve as a poker player.

all_aces
11-28-2003, 07:21 PM
100% completely agree with Paluka's comment. To improve you have to pay attention to how people play the myriad situations that come up in poker, how they handle them, what is profitable and what is not. This is impossible to do if you are playing more than one game, ihmo.

Piers
11-28-2003, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You will very likely make money playing 6 2/4 games at once, but you will also very likely never improve as a poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although playing six game at once does is not going to help you improve tacitly, it does help you get a good feel of the flow of the game as it kind of zips past in fast motion.

See your self up 50BB in one game down 50BB in another with nothing that special happening. Helps you appreciate the streakiness of Poker.

Suddenly get a run of big pairs across the games. Lose over half the pots with them but still find your self with lots more money.

I think a lot of people would be able to improve their feel for the game with some multi-game-action.

Guess you want balance as in everything.

TonySanDiego
11-29-2003, 09:16 PM
Guys like you make guys like me see red.

You guys think that everybody else should wait on your dipshot a$$ to make a decision on some other table than amble over and grace us with your attention.

I am all for letting anybody play as many tables as they wish.... PROVIDING.... they can act on their hand in 8 seconds or less.

I have almost given up playing at Party because of all the dumbasses playing multiple tables and causing a big wait EVERY TIME AT EVERY TABLE.

So I hope you never learn the game and lose your butt in the process.

/images/graemlins/mad.gif

CrackerZack
11-30-2003, 12:39 AM
Patience is a virtue, but then again, no one here seems to care.

Ulysses
11-30-2003, 06:02 PM
Play multiple tables; then it won't bother you as much. /images/graemlins/grin.gif