PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Still doesn't get it!

Stew
11-26-2003, 07:04 PM
First off, it's really nice that they are offering a depo bonus this weekend and fortunately i'll be able to take advantage of it for the whole $100. But, these dumbasses don't realize that in order for a site to grow and expand they need fish for the shark to eat. Well, surprise, surprise, most fish don't have $1000 sitting around to take advantage of a deposit bonus.

Stupid Paradise, destined to maintain their player base and nothing better. Of course, that may be all they care to do and if so, fine, but they could be rolling in the dough if they would get their heads out of their respective arses.

archmagi
11-26-2003, 07:24 PM
Weren't they supposed to start advertising on tv during WPT? That should get some fish in.

Stew
11-26-2003, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Weren't they supposed to start advertising on tv during WPT? That should get some fish in.

[/ QUOTE ]

They did run some, but it obviously hasn't helped any yet as their player base has remained stable. In fact, my thoughts on this were discussed a couple of months ago in this thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=369503&Forum=A ll_Forums&Words=1948&Match=Username&Searchpage=6&L imit=25&Old=allposts&Main=367711&Search=true#Post3 69503

Cubswin
11-26-2003, 08:00 PM
I agree with you on this. They would be better off doing what UB did not too long ago after they had some tech difficulties. Offer a 50% match bonus up to $100 max. That way some of the fish would have come in. They could have even set the hands played requirement higher then 1000 it is at now. If they had a 50% match and made the hands played requirement 2000 the fish would stay around longer and be more willing to invest with the lower investment necessary to take advantage of the entire bonus. Still im not complaining about this reload at all... i will only play when the games are juicy but that also means that ill have $1000 tied up for a bit. Not the biggest deal in the world but it is a bit of a pain.

Regards
Cubswin

archmagi
11-26-2003, 10:55 PM
read your post in the other thread.
interesting point, you've got something there.
so, there's no point in giving a 50% bonus either. maybe the correct strategy would be to just get the decent players back and dish out 10 free seats for every WPT event, and wait until some of them (the more the merrier) wins.

goodguy_1
11-27-2003, 03:47 PM
I also agree..really bad marketing.You want the marginal players coming..the guys that might have $400-$500 accesible.Decent players,good amateurs or wannabe pros have ready access to $1-2K mostly thru Neteller.FISH and bad players do not!!

They should have large % bonuses with small upfront deposits like Party(20%,$400-$500).

I can not beleive that Paradise still doesnt GET IT.
Their marketing is really poor.They need to market to the masses NOT the cognoscenti.$1000 depsoit for $100-gimme a break.
They still are arrogant and totally out of touch with the marketplace..this after getting their arses kicked for rhe last year.

btw The new Paradise tv commercials that were on last month were the same way.They were not marketed to the masses.The commercials were beautiful too look at really but they were over-produced.They seemed to be targeting educated players not the FISH they need to feed the games.The commercials were not FUN and alluring they were clean,cool and aloff just like Paradise's attitude over the last 3 years.

It is obvious that Paradise still just doesnt get it.
Stubborn and arrogant management with the best product..what a fuggin waste.