PDA

View Full Version : Comedy Club Post with no point

Michael Davis
11-26-2003, 05:29 PM
I went to a comedy club two nights ago by myself. Perhaps this is odd.

The comedian began insulting me and wondering aloud how I was able to get into the place.

Lacking any real talent, he broke out a large sheet of paper and said we were going to play "Adult Mad Libs."

Not suprisingly, he eventually called on me to give him three adjectives, in order to learn "what children thought were adult words."

I gave him querulous, contumelious, and charlatanic. The topic changed from my size to my sexual orientation. ("Querulous" was transcribed as "queerless.")

I spoke only three words, and I think I won.

-Mike

ArchAngel71857
11-26-2003, 05:51 PM
Your insult comic routine was very tight aggressive style. Glad to see poker rubs off on sense of humor.

Congrats!

-AA

trillig
11-29-2003, 09:24 PM
For us less educated, Here's the translations. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
quer·u·lous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kwr-ls, kwry-)
adj.
Given to complaining; peevish.
Expressing a complaint or grievance; grumbling: a querulous voice; querulous comments.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
contumelious

\Con`tu*me"li*ous\ (?or ?; 106), a. [L. contumeliosus.] 1. Exhibiting contumely; rudely contemptuous; insolent; disdainful.

Scoffs, and scorns, and contumelious taunts. --Shak.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
charlatanic

\Char`la*tan"ic\, Charlatanical \Char`la*tan"ic*al\, a. Of or like a charlatan; making undue pretension; empirical; pretentious; quackish.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------