PDA

View Full Version : My Own OIC - UPDATE

Gomez22
11-26-2003, 05:08 PM
Well, I added TGC to the list of OIC sites I'm playing..... that brings it to Stars, Empire, and TGC.... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I started TGC Monday afternoon with $75, and quickly built it to $101.26, Empire was at $175, and Stars at $52.95

Last night, however, I played TGC only (more to qualify for the $3000 freeroll.... placed 51st... won $7.80... bad beat out of advancing any further), and lost almost 30BB at 1/2 to finish at $72.01...... I had counted 5 rivered beats I took... It was extremely frustrating, to say the least.

Played some Stars this morning, and found that the bad beat monkeys were frequenting that site as well.... started with $52.95, and after 45 minutes, was down to $31.20..... I may need some rogaine after all the hair I pulled out. Took a 30 minute break, decided to play both Empire 1/2 and Stars .50/1.00...... at Empire, I found more suck-outs, and my $175 BR dropped quickly to $135.... at Stars, I won a couple hands, and was up to $37, before I ended there at $28.70.... there was ONE guy that just kept sucking out on me terribly...... I find that the case now... it seems there is usually 1 player at a table that will either pay me off big or suck out all day long...... anyone else find this? As for Empire, I rivered a flush for a $50 pot, and then raised from the button with AKo, with 5 limpers in front... flop came K high, turned a K, and took down a $45 pot to leave me at $191 at Empire for the day.....

So.... I'm down $3 at TGC, up $3.70 at Stars, and up $141 at Empire so far throughout the whole ordeal.... I swear the past day and a half has cost me at least 6 months off my life as the suck-outs were harsh and many..... oh, well..... there's always next time!

'Mez

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Henke
11-27-2003, 04:02 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but what does OIC mean? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

As for others sucking out, I have a session where one guy voluntarily put money in 75% of the time, and he made a net gain of $37 (=37 big bets) in less than two hours! He had 1 full house, 1 flush, 3 straights, 5 three of a kinds (all these won at showdown). He also had 15 twopairs of which 7 won at showdown... One of his biggest wins this session was after a preflop cold call with 94s/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, turned the flush and it held up!

I guess these things happen.