PDA

View Full Version : I miss eLROY.

baggins
11-26-2003, 05:04 PM
anybody else?

that guy at least had interesting things to say about stuff other than politics. this forum has never been the same without him.

andyfox
11-26-2003, 05:34 PM
I miss Sredni Vashtar.

HDPM
11-26-2003, 05:37 PM
So was the n/t a lie or a test to see how stupid we were? Not the right holiday attitude there. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

P.S. I miss Sredni too. But he made a cameo appearance or two. I am most concerned re: SPM and want an update.

Wake up CALL
11-26-2003, 05:42 PM
I'll take American Airlines over Elroy but not over the little ferret.

AmericanAirlines
11-26-2003, 11:01 PM
What... am I famous now?

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sincerely,
AA

P.S. What's the story on Elroy?

MMMMMM
11-26-2003, 11:13 PM
Yeah the little ferret was really cool.

Clarkmeister
11-26-2003, 11:25 PM
The ferret still responds to email, but sadly, I think his passion for the game has waned. A sad thing, because he is by far one of the best and most thoughtful poker posters on here. I speak of course, of the ferret's alter ego.

nicky g
11-27-2003, 11:37 AM
there was a little ferret? he does sound cool. am i missing something?

MMMMMM
11-27-2003, 12:58 PM
If you can search the archives (and I don't know if there is a way to do this), try looking for posts by Sredni Vashtar. You may have better luck trying to find him on the 2+2 poker forums than on the OT forum.

baggins
11-28-2003, 08:00 AM
I also miss the enigmatic Sredni Vashtar.

I haven't bothered to read AmericanAirlines' posts, at least not unless he posts in the other forums. i really don't have time for this forum, so i don't let myself read anything in here that's remotely political. or i try not too.

adios
11-28-2003, 09:55 AM
I forget the name of Srendi's alter ego. Perhaps Clarkmeister can refresh our collective memory. He did quite a lot of interesting work with sims like Turbo Texas Hold'em, critiqued a lot of S&M poker strategies, critiqued Abdul poker strategies, and generally had a lot of excellent content IMO regarding poker theory particularly limit hold'em poker theory. He quit posting when Abdul was "suspended" from the 2+2 site. Srendi's alter ego also stated many times that delving into poker theory kept up his interest in the game. I concur with Clarkmeister that his posts were very good. His approached to analyzing poker situations is generally eschewed on the limit hold'em forum IMO. Just trying to job people's memories for his posting id.

Wake up CALL
11-28-2003, 12:39 PM
Below you can read all his recent posts:

Sredni Vashtar (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/dosearch.php?Cat=&Forum=All_Forums&Words=81&Match= Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts)