PDA

View Full Version : KQs 20-40 weak tight or thoughtfully played?

mike l.
11-26-2003, 04:35 PM
i have KsQs on the button. two bad players limp, i raise, the blinds, fold. 3 of us.

the flop is QhQc5c. second limper bets (he's a weak bad player generally pretty timid calling station, so his bet seems like a flush draw to me), i just call, other guy calls.

the turn is 7c. second limper bets, i call, other guy calls.

the river is 8c. checked around.

what do you think? i think i played this hand perfectly.

ZeeJustin
11-26-2003, 04:40 PM
I like this play if and only if the first limper is loose passive. If he is likely to fold to a single bet on the flop, you should go ahead and raise and make the flush draw pay.

mike l.
11-26-2003, 04:55 PM
take a look at mason's essay in poker essays 3 where he discusses waiting until the turn to charge a flush draw when you flop trips or something good. it's great theory and i use it.

astroglide
11-26-2003, 05:07 PM
his example involves raising the turn, and yours doesn't. you went for an overcall, which i think is dubious because nohandnodraw is bound to fold here for 1 bet too.

andyfox
11-26-2003, 05:17 PM
Do pretty timid calling stations bet flush draws into paired boards?

I'd sure have raised the turn here. I don't want the other guy getting to see if a 4th club will come or not for just one bet on each round.

mike l.
11-26-2003, 05:17 PM
whenever i see your handle i want to lube up. in the front not the back.

yeah well in his example the flush doesnt get there on the turn. but he says something really cautious and masonish like "if the flush card does come on the turn youll be glad you didnt raise the flop".

mike l.
11-26-2003, 05:22 PM
"Do pretty timid calling stations bet flush draws into paired boards?"

im guessing im having trouble describing this guy. he's a real loser, he just cant play to save his life, he comes from serious money. his favorite move is check-call, or the popular variation check-cold call. so his bet threw me a little. i put him on being a little too brain dead to bet a Q here, i would figure him to slowplay that. so flush draw was what came to mind when he bet the flop. or pocket pair of some sort although i think he'd raise coming in with 99 or better usually, you never know though. sometimes their hands put the chips out there before they register in their brain that they have a raising hand, you know what i mean?

astroglide
11-26-2003, 06:11 PM
oops, misread your hand /images/graemlins/blush.gif i thought the flush rivered