PDA

View Full Version : Trop players in AC

01-21-2002, 03:02 AM
The last time I visited AC was right before x-mas I recognized many of the same players that I played against the year before. I'd say that about 80% of these players are long term losers. Lots of the people I remembered looked as though they were in their early/late 20's.

My question is, where do they get their money from?! I saw some of these young guys playing 2/4 all day and all night through the week. They obviously aren't making a living off of poker and they obviously don't have jobs, so where does the bankroll come from?

By the way I also played with the pretty asian girl, from the poor poker room post, and was baffled as to why she was with that weird older guy.

01-21-2002, 05:04 AM
As a college student, I frequently go to Atlantic City on weekends and sometimes play with money I shouldn't. I got greased this weekend. I think poker is just an "in" thing among young adults right now (thanks to Rounders) and as you know once you get deeply involved in this game it is tough to cut back or stop and it becomes an obsession to improve your game and emotional control. For me, poker has been an answer to something I'm searching for...for better or worse and I am currently in the process of reevaluating the game and its role in my life....I think it needs to move down the priority chain. Maybe I'll run itno when I play the pink game at the Taj.

Jeff

01-21-2002, 10:35 AM
you are wondering where some of these young kids get their money, i've seen it too, these kids come in there and they are playing poker with MOMMY and DADDY's money, where else would it come from.

Who cares where it comes from as long as it gets from their pocket to your pocket, lol.

01-21-2002, 01:49 PM
Where does the money come from?

After you run out of money you can afford to lose, you encounter a pretty sizeable deal of money you can't afford to lose... if you're really stuck on the game and losing, that's probably where the college kid's money is coming from (along with mommy/daddy as already mentioned)

2ndGoat

(College kid himself)

01-21-2002, 04:38 PM
If you're a reasonable person but bad player like me, you play at a limit in which you can allow for a certain amount of losses per week. If I lose a few hundred in a week playing $3-6 it won't affect my budget at all. If I lose a few thousand playing $20-40 then I will be in a big hole, so I don't play $20-40. I imagine that most other losing players have a job away from poker that allows them to consistently lose at the tables and keep their lives intact.