PDA

View Full Version : Party question

NoChance
11-26-2003, 01:41 PM
Like many others, I am traveling for Thanksgiving. This year my brother is hosting. He has been interested in Hold Em and has downloaded the Party software but has not created an account or played yet. I will be staying at his house for 3 days. He wants me to log in and the two of us will play using my account this weekend. At that point he will make a decision on whether or not he creates an account and begins playing.

My questions to anyone out there who knows: Will this cause problems? Will party not like me logging onto his computer to play? I assume we wont have have any problems while using my account but then will he/we have a problem if he later decides to create an account and use that computer?

Any of this make sense? I simply want to know if we are breaking any rules or if I need to contact Party and tell them what we are doing. Contacting Party support has never been a pleasant experience.

pretender2k
11-26-2003, 01:45 PM
My biggest worry would be that he will accidently log into your account later if it store the account name and password which mine does. You might wanna make sure these are not left behind.

NoChance
11-26-2003, 01:49 PM
We have a great brother to brother relationship. I have no worries about that. I am mostly concerned that I don't break a rule and get my account locked or cause my brother future problems if he decides he wants to create an account.

ElSapo
11-26-2003, 01:54 PM
What will happen is that you can not play at the same table as him thereafter.

I once played a tournament from a friend's computer. He played (he quit after a while) .5/1 and from time to time I'd sit with him and we'd chat. After I played the tournament from his machine, Party wouldn't let me play at the same table as him.

Frankly, I don't think it's a bad rule at all. It isn't a perfect rule, as it does cut out some legitimate friends playing together, but I'll give this up.

Just a heads up...

gregdillon
11-26-2003, 04:55 PM
I think if this happens party will unlink your accounts if you ask them. May have to jump through some hoops but I think it can be done.

ZeeJustin
11-26-2003, 05:07 PM
Elsapo is right. I've seen that happen before, and I think it's a fine rule.