PDA

View Full Version : Slow Play?

Toro
11-26-2003, 01:24 PM
Last nights FW no limit he tourney. Slow played my way right out of the tourney. Have about 2200 in chips and we're at the 1st level after the break with 50/100 blinds. I limp from mid position with 5,5. Everyone else folds except SB and BB who call, 300 pot. Flop: Q,5,2(rainbow). Checked to me. I check hoping to trap on the turn. Turn is a 3. SB checks, BB bets 500 and has 700 left. I raise all in to isolate on him and the SB beats me into the pot. He's got the A,4 and the board doesn't pair on the River so I'm out.

Feel free to disagree but I think I'm going to play it the same next time. Flopping a set is huge and to get to the end in this tourney you got to get a hold of some chips and a 300 pot wasn't going to cut it. Maybe just a small bet on the flop to pad the pot but it probably wouldn't have changed the result.

MuckMuck
11-26-2003, 01:29 PM
I agree Toro....you definately need chips in that FW tourney and I think the risk/reward on your play is going to be positive overall. Just a tough break...avoidable yes, but I think you have the right idea about how to get chips.