PDA

View Full Version : Interesting hand. 5/10 Party-Hardy.

Joe Tall
11-26-2003, 12:22 PM
5/10 (6 max) Loose and crazy. In fact if it wasn't a poker game I'm sure 'Girls gone wild' would have been on the scene.

UTG folds, I'm next and raise w/9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

The ASSHO calls in the SB and Silly Tricky Ultra-loose Player In the BB (STUPIB) calls.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

The ASSHO bets, STUPIB calls, I raise, they both call.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

ASSHO leads out again, STUPIB calls, I call.

River: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

ASSHO bets, STUPIB calls, I raise, ASSHO folds?!?, STUPID 3-bets!??! I call.

What the hell just happened? Where's my pants? Who had what? Tease the Pats with the points and the over. Comments, suggestions, chastisations, praises, name-calling is appreciated.

Peace,
JT

Aces McGee
11-26-2003, 12:33 PM
Hi Joe Tall

Why just call the turn but then raise the river?

If you didn't think he had the king, raise the turn, so you don't give him the chance to catch his ace or whatever cheaply on the river. If you're not sure, just call him down. What are you trying to accomplish with the river raise?

Beat L.A.,

McGee

Joe Tall
11-26-2003, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you didn't think he had the king, raise the turn, so you don't give him the chance to catch his ace or whatever cheaply on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought the King had any play in this hand. When the ASSHO bet out again on the turn, I thought, maybe he does have the duece?

Then the 3rd duece hit the river; I took him off the duece and put him on the 7 which is what I had him on the flop, which I feel was the correct assumption.

[ QUOTE ]
If you're not sure, just call him down. What are you trying to accomplish with the river raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I rasied because I thought I had the best hand and seemingly I did have a better hand than the ASSHO. It was STUIB that I never put a hand on.

Thank you for your reply,
Joe Tall

Aces McGee
11-26-2003, 12:44 PM
Ah, I misread what happened. I mixed up the acronyms.

I think you did the right thing, then. I'm flabbergasted as to what the other dude has.

If not L.A. then at least the Knicks for crying out loud,

McGee

lil'
11-26-2003, 12:50 PM
I would raise the turn. I need to be convinced someone has a 2 in this spot.

I noticed you started calling him "STUPID" at the end, rather than "STUPIB." IS this a bad sign?

MRBAA
11-26-2003, 01:26 PM
Hmm sounds like STUPIB played this one ultra-tricky and made you quiver on the river. What else can he have other than a deuce or 77? (Unless he truly is STUPID!) I had a player call my raise preflop and cap the flop and turn against my pocket queens on a board of A-Q-10/ 10/3 no flush at Paradise 2-4 last night. Finally, when he bet out on the river I just called looking for aces or 10s. He had 4-8 suited. btw, his screen name was goofy (no, really)

Joe Tall
11-26-2003, 04:07 PM
STUPIB flips over 88 and I drag a monster.

These 5/10 tables are great! Although STUPIB did scare the fcuk out of me with his call-3-bet river move.

Thank you for your replies.

Peace,
JT

CrackerZack
11-26-2003, 07:34 PM
I don't think I do anything different. STUPIB probably has you with a bizarre K.

Colts are gonna bitch-slap the Pats.

ThingDo
11-26-2003, 07:41 PM
As much as I hate the Patriots.... I think the Pats are all over this one. 32-27 pats.