PDA

View Full Version : Flopped a monster, move all-in?

Girchuck
11-26-2003, 12:03 PM
Party NLHE SNG.

Down to four players. Blinds are 100-200, I am in BB with 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and have T1900 left. The UTG has T300 left and raises all-in. button with T2000 stack calls, SB folds and I call.
The flop is 5 5 5
I check, button bets a pot, should I put him all-in now, or wait for the turn?

CrisBrown
11-26-2003, 12:38 PM
Hi Girchuck,

Will the button bet again if you call here? If so, simply call and let him lead the betting. He almost certainly has a pocket pair and has hit a full house. If he has a big pair, he'll probably bet again. If he has 66, he's certain to bet again. If he has a medium or low pair and you call, he'd be a fool to bet again ... but he might anyway.

Basically, you want to make the biggest possible profit on this long-odds draw that hit. How you do that depends on your read of your opponent. If you think he'll call your all-in bet, then do it. If you think he'll fold to an all-in bet, but will keep betting if you call, do that. You're in no hurry to close out the betting because you have the best possible hand unless he catches runner-runner quads to beat you. So play your hand in the way that is most likely to get that oppponent to put in as many chips as possible.

Cris

alekhine8
11-26-2003, 12:41 PM
I would probably just call. If he bet the pot (T900) that only leaves him with T800. Call his flop bet and see what he does on the turn.

If he bets less than T800, put him all-in at that point. If he checks, I would consider checking again. Not sure how much the buy-in is here, but I play a lot of $10 SNGs and most people will hang themselves if you give them enough chances to.

Schmed
11-26-2003, 12:45 PM
flopped quads??? I will not bet until the river.......

Mackie
11-26-2003, 01:03 PM
wait until you time has almost expired then move all-in.

curmudgeon
11-26-2003, 05:07 PM
Be cool, and all good things shall come to you. Call flop, check/call turn, bet the river (perhaps even surprise em with a less than all-in bet /images/graemlins/grin.gif).