PDA

View Full Version : Just not making headway at 1/2 - whine alert

Webster
11-26-2003, 11:32 AM
I know I'm a good player - I've won at Poker Room for a few years at 2/4 but with 1500 Party Poker hands at 1/2 fuul table I'm breaking even. (live , breath, read, think THold'm and 50,000 hands (most shorthanded though))

I can't get away from the 50 hand spells with no wins. I see guys playing 45% of the hands winning 30 BBs while I play nothing but good cards and get flushed out.

I 've been waiting for these guys to pay ME off but . . . .

Last night I was at a table with a 45% flop and NOBODY raising. SWEET!! But in 160 hands I won $3.

It's the freaking flushs that are getting me with bad players ALWAYS playing any 2 suited and seeming to get them over and over. AKo is killing me as the other 5 people in the pot always have the under cards.

OK - whine down - just a frustrating night. It's not that I'm not winning - it's just that the fish ARE.

Example - in 130 hands XXXXX puts money into the pot 39% of the time and won at showdown 73% of the time and he wins $$ when seeing the flop 32% ofthe time! DRIVE ME NUTS!!!

sorry - had to spout! better here then at the table - the guy was a nice guy but. . . .

lil'
11-26-2003, 11:35 AM
Your misery has been duly noted.

You should post a few hands, that might help more than just complaining, although I understand how cathartic it can be to whine. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ElSapo
11-26-2003, 11:36 AM
but with 1500 Party Poker hands at 1/2 fuul table I'm breaking even.

1,500 hands is a very small sample.

Example - in 130 hands XXXXX puts money into the pot 39% of the time and won at showdown 73% of the time and he wins $$ when seeing the flop 32% ofthe time!

130 hands is an even smaller sample.

Post some hands and so on, but in general just know that it's far too early to draw conclusions.

Webster
11-26-2003, 11:54 AM
Thanks - yea - I know it's a small number but it's like I'l fishing and all the fish were just fed LOL!

The hands - well - not really and bad beats really - I can't be mad at any one hand - I don't mind losing I understand that but . . . . .sorry! Everybodys been there.

Called it a night after this hand and it's typical.

I'm 3 off the button with [ Ah, Js ] and raise
Everybody folds but Big blind who reraises me.
I call
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 7d, 5s, 8s ] Big blind bets
I call
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Jh ]
Big blind bets (2)
I raise (4) to 4
Big Blind calls (2)
** Dealing River ** : [ Kh ]
Big Blind checks.
I checks.

Big Blind [ Ks Qd ] Ks,Kh,Qd,Jh,8s

AS you can see - not a bad beat - I have no reason to complain - it's just another win grabbed away from me. I'm not getting THESE to cover the bigger losses.

What can ya do - happened over and over! I know - a Queen would have beaten me also but I don't think I played it wrong. I knew I was beat on the river!

colgin
11-26-2003, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not that I'm not winning - it's just that the fish ARE.

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple of questions for you:

1) How do you know that the fish are winning? All you know is that particular loose players are taking down some pots on particular nights when you are at their table. If these players are really as bad as you suggest that they are, then they are probably all long-term losers. For all you know they add $100 of new money to their accounts every Friday after they get their paychecks to subsidize their losing ways at the poker tables. Just because someone has a good night or run of good nights does not mean they are a winning player.

2) Why do you care if some of the "fish" are making money? If you are winning, as you say you are, then isn't that enough. Do you really want to break all the fish in one night so they never return to contribute more money to your coffers?

Webster
11-26-2003, 04:11 PM
I'm sure in the long run they are NOT winning - it just bugs me that they don't give it to ME!! LOL I love it when they take somebodys elses money, I just wish I could get a hold of it. :-)

I'm only breaking even and THAT is why it bugs me!