PDA

View Full Version : Still not sure this really happened

brian0729
11-26-2003, 09:38 AM
I think this is the strangest hand I have ever played. Its Party 1/2. Typical table about 3 to 4 seeing flop not very aggressive.

I am in the BB w A7o (as you will soon see suits dont matter) Five people limp and I check.

Flop is 77A
At this moment I decided that I am going to check call the flop and check raise the turn. As long as a betting war doesnt start on the flop. Checked around! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Turn: A
Well that didnt help anybody make a second best hand and Im not sure I could cripple the deck much more. I check again. Checked around. Wonderful! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

River: A
I was wrong I can cripple the deck more. I start laughing out loud at the screen. Now the SB bets out, I think for a moment and decide to call, raising now isnt going to keep any of the four behind me in. I get one more caller and make a grand total of 2BB's on this hand. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Feel free to tell me how bad I played this. As I look back I want to tell myself to bet everywhere, but I dont think I would have made a great deal more. I really just wanted to share this hand with the forum.

lil'
11-26-2003, 10:00 AM
I would just bet. Any ace is going to give you some action. Heck, at these tables, sometimes any 8 will give you some action.

You seem to anticipate some betting behind you, but not many people are going to be interested in this flop. There may be one or two people who will pay you off, though.

brian0729
11-26-2003, 10:12 AM
I agree 100%. I am on here telling people to bet and not slowplay and then I do this. I should have bet the whole way. This is a good example of slowplaying going wrong. Not because somebody caught me, because I didnt make any money on this monster.

eh923
11-26-2003, 12:02 PM
I'm really surprised by the river. Usually with a board like that, everyone will call one bet thinking that the pot will be split. I guess those two who folded behind are feeling pretty spiffy.

I wonder if a raise on the river would actually get more callers since it might look more like you're trying to knock out people that would otherwise split the pot. Any thoughts?

brian0729
11-26-2003, 12:30 PM
I thought about raising the river for that exact reason but I only thought about it for a second or so. I figured with 4 left behind me atleast 3 would call thinking we all would be chopping or maybe somebody would get fancy and try to bluff raise giving me the opportunity to 3 bet the river but it was not to be this time. And the way the hand had gone up until that point I figured a raise would just leave me and the SB.

CrackerZack
11-26-2003, 06:38 PM
maybe you could be the flop because a number of weak opponents will take one off on the flop but fold on the turn. But realistically, you won't win much more usually. You have every good card in the deck pretty much. A pocket pair higher then 7s might pay you off but very little else. NH, sorry no action.

GuyOnTilt
11-26-2003, 08:27 PM
I agree 100%. I am on here telling people to bet and not slowplay and then I do this. I should have bet the whole way. This is a good example of slowplaying going wrong. Not because somebody caught me, because I didnt make any money on this monster.

I agree with this 100%, Brian. Slowplaying is very rarely correct, and it's good you learned from this hand. I didn't get why you posted this hand when I first read it, but now I understand. Good post.

FWIW, hand-reading has been a factor in almost every hand where I've slowplayed.

GoT