PDA

View Full Version : Zoo vs SS Rematch Challenge Tournament. Important.

Mike Haven
11-26-2003, 06:17 AM
(Link to previous post.) (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=415671&page=&view=&sb=5&o =&fpart=1&vc=1)

Does anyone have Robbe's e-mail address? If so, could they e-mail him for me, please, to read his Messages here at 2+2? Thank you.

I assume Robbe is the only Team Member who has not yet received his Password?

Don't overlook Registering for the Tourn at True before the end of November, in order to get your Early Bird Bonus.

Finally, I've managed to persuade a famous poker professional to agree to "guest star" in the Tournament, if it's acceptable to you, under a pseudonym, (probably Mr/Ms X, or suchlike), and he/she would have a substantial Bounty on his/her head. (His/her identity would be revealed at an opportune moment, yet to be agreed.)

We are working out the final details, but I would appreciate hearing your comments on this. (Like, what happens if he/she finishes in the money? And, do you want him/her in the Tourney at all? Etc.)

Bob T.
11-26-2003, 06:45 AM
Sounds fun. Lets do it. If they want to play for prize money that is fine. I think it would be hard for them to play their A-game, if they were just playing as an exhibition. I would rather see them play as well as possible.

BigEndian
11-26-2003, 09:07 AM
Sounds good to me. And if their buy-in is accounted for, they have every right to the money imo.

- Groove

mosch
11-26-2003, 09:22 AM
Invite your pro , and let'em play for money.

Mike Haven
11-26-2003, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the encouragement, guys.

I posted this in the Zoo, too, and the answers there are all positive as well, so I'll carry on and arrange things with him/her winning money, if applicable.

Proceeding on this basis, if anyone objects and wants out of the Tournament, please pm me immediately in order that I may keep the seats filled.

I'll give you further details in due course.

Joe Tall
11-26-2003, 11:11 AM
Is the pro on a specific team? If not, is it too late to get another pro to play and put one of them on each team?

Peace,
JT

thomastem
11-26-2003, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is the pro on a specific team? If not, is it too late to get another pro to play and put one of them on each team?

Peace,
JT

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys have Jabba so we get the pro!

Joe Tall
11-26-2003, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys have Jabba

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's Jabba?

Peace,
JT

thomastem
11-26-2003, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You guys have Jabba

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's Jabba?

Peace,
JT

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't say or he'll complain to the moderator.

You guys also have me on the zoo team which gives ss yet another advantage.

Joe Tall
11-26-2003, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys also have me on the zoo team which gives ss yet another advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, true.

Peace,
JT

thomastem
11-26-2003, 01:07 PM
Can we get an update of the current bounties out there?

What is this cow chip stuff that Rkiray is a 30-1 favorite? I don't believe Vegas would give make me more than a 25-1 dog. Wait, never mind I forgot about the juice for the house....carry on.

Mike Haven
11-26-2003, 02:09 PM
Here's a quick precis of the current Bets and Bounties.

We could do with some more Bounties - I'll take $5 and up if you want to be targetted more than you should be, at, hopefully for you, the wrong times.

1. HavanaBanana/GuyOnTilt $50 best Team

2. thomastem/Rkiray $22

3. Females/rustyJedi $10

4. majorkong Bounty $20

5. BobT/Inthacup $10

6. CrackerZack/jek187 $10

7. HavanaBanana/GuyOnTilt $20

8. daryn/Mangatang silence/"smartest" posts

9. Barry/dogsballs $20

10. Stu Pidasso/HavanaBanana $20

rkiray
11-26-2003, 04:19 PM
the only person who ever said I was a 30-1 favorite was you at the True table last week (actually what you said was they will say am a 30-1 favorite after I told them you had AA in the crazy hand). I'm beginning to wonder if 'lil was correct. Maybe this was a set-up, and you just want people to think you don't raise with big pocket pairs and you used me because you know I'll actually watch how you play.

HUSKER'66
11-26-2003, 06:38 PM
rk,

Don't try to reason with a man who calls raises cold with suited 3 gappers only to have the flop hit him in the face.

thomas' hole cards: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

flop: 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Robbe
11-26-2003, 09:38 PM
Oh man! I'm really sorry, life (as we know it) has intruded into my Poker stuff lately and I just never noticed all those PMs stacking up.

I will try to pay more attention to whats really important. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry again about the mess...

Mike Haven
11-29-2003, 06:20 PM
I like your idea of a Pro on each Team, but maybe next time?

On this occasion, please think of /images/graemlins/cool.gif as a "spoiler" trying to win your money at the Tournament.

The good news, though, is that BonusWhores.Com has offered a $50 Bounty to anyone who takes /images/graemlins/cool.gif out of the Tourney at any stage. And I am trying to get the same deal for you out of Mr True-Man. (Unfortunately, he seems to be AWOL at this moment, so I will get back to you on this as soon as I make contact again.)

Mike Haven
12-01-2003, 04:42 PM
Great news, Team!

Yes, Mr True-Man has agreed to match BonusWhores.com's $50 Bounty on the pro's head!

So, knock him out of the Tourney at any point and you will receive a cool $100 - now, THAT is worth playing for!

Mike Haven
12-01-2003, 04:52 PM
I've been told by pudley4 that there is a neat and easy way at TruePoker to obtain your Hand Histories.

Here's a copy of pudley4's very useful information:

I don't know if everyone is aware, but at TP you can keep a running log of all hands by clicking the "Log Play" box. It will create a new .txt file on your computer (the file name defaults to the time and date you start your session). This way the player doesn't need to continually request hand histories - all the info needed to claim the unusual bonuses (including hand numbers) is in the log file.

Thank you, pudley4 - you're a star!

Mike Haven
12-02-2003, 12:22 AM
I am really pleased to be able to let you know, as some of you have already guessed, that we are honoured that well known and popular long term Las Vegas working professional poker player, Tommy Angelo, has agreed to join us for the Tournament!

Tommy will be bringing his A-game to the Tourney, and it is going to be difficult to dislodge him from his winning seat.

As you know, there is a $100 Bounty on his head should you KO him from the Tournament, (plus 10 Bonus Points for your Team), but to give Tommy a further incentive to take first prize, BonusWhores.com has agreed to donate their $50 Bounty to Tommy if he comes first. (I am hoping that TruePoker will agree with their $50 Bounty, similarly.)

Not only that, but I am sure that Tommy is giving up his earnings for an evening at the high-stakes tables at the Bellagio to be with us.

On behalf of the SS Team, thank you,Tommy - we are looking forward to kicking yo' ass! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bob T.
12-02-2003, 12:25 AM
As thanks, I think everyone who hasn't, should buy Tommy's Album of poker songs.

Joe Tall
12-02-2003, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thomas' hole cards: 9 K

flop: 10 Q J

[/ QUOTE ]

When I hold AK this will be a lot of fun!!

Peace,
JT

Joe Tall
12-02-2003, 12:36 AM
I have wanted the CD for quite some time yet, I haven't ordered it. So, since Tommy was nice enough to join us for this, I'll buy it this week. I hear it is good and as an acoustic guitar player; I think I'll like it.

Peace,
JT

BigEndian
12-02-2003, 01:02 AM
Thanks for taking the time Tommy. Hopefully the tables will be entertaining for you and maybe a little bit of a challenge.

- Groove

Bob T.
12-02-2003, 01:18 AM
As a musician and a poker player, I am fairly certain that you will like it.

HavanaBanana
12-02-2003, 03:28 AM
I've played him before, wonder if it was a KOTZ, think he placed in the money, but atleast he is not an online tournament Virgin anymore.
I don't agree in 10 bonus points for knocking him out, thats really pretty Bingo, I mean a Zooer might take most his money and an SS'er can take his last 50 for 10 points?
(or the other way around)
Fun to have a name player in the tourney though, List his biggest wins please? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barry
12-02-2003, 08:55 AM
In honor of Tommy's appearance, I have just purchased everything that you can buy from Tommy's store. Music for the ride to Foxwoods and hats for my mood. I probably should have gotten 2 "bad" hats.

Heck, I've been meaning to do this for some time, but just never.......

Mike Haven
12-02-2003, 11:58 AM
Team Members only, please.

Before I "write them in stone", kindly let me know your thoughts by way of your answering this poll on Bonus Points to the Team whose Member KO's Tommy Angelo:

Thanks.

Mike Haven
12-02-2003, 12:06 PM
I don't agree in 10 bonus points for knocking him out, thats really pretty Bingo, I mean a Zooer might take most his money and an SS'er can take his last 50 for 10 points?

I suppose you could say the same thing about the $100 Bounty, in a way, although that won't affect the Team Points Result, of course.

I would imagine a certain type of strategy would come into play if you saw Tommy with only 50 left, and entering a pot?

However, I've put up polls in both forums on the Bonus Points thing.

Tommy Angelo
12-02-2003, 04:24 PM
"On behalf of the SS Team, thank you,Tommy"

Thank YOU for the flattering invite!

I just have to keep thinking, Thursday, Thursday. This sort of planning extends my memory capacity to the limit. Limit. We'll be playing limit. Another thing to remember.

Seriously, I'm really looking forward to the event. And when it comes to the $100 bounty, I'm open to last-second bribes. My phone number is ...

Seriously, this is for fun, right?

"we are looking forward to kicking yo' ass!"

Take no joy in my suffering! For I am going to hereby invoke the underdog's emotional free-roll. If I get in the money, it won't be because I kept holding up and sucking out, no sir, it'll be because I played great, and I will be properly happy. But if I bust out early, well heck, I didn't expect to do well against all you online sharpies in the first place. It's the well-practiced low-expectations thing, my sanity saver. So already I'm freerolling on you yahoos. :-)

Tommy

Tommy Angelo
12-02-2003, 04:25 PM
"I have just purchased everything that you can buy from Tommy's store."

This is a brilliant idea. lol

HavanaBanana
12-02-2003, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But if I bust out early, well heck, I didn't expect to do well against all you online sharpies in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am accepting NO excuses to Lose, not from you or anybody else!

Excuses to win however is ok by me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tommy Angelo
12-02-2003, 04:40 PM
"List his biggest wins please?"

My first big win was in 1989. In a $1-2 limit game, I won most the money on the table, plus a full set of good golf clubs, with tour bag.

Oh, tournaments? I've only played a handful of tournaments with buyins of $200 or more. I've played many morning no-limit tournaments ($60-ish buyin) at Lucky Chances and I think I've done okay in those except for the times I bust out early semi-on-purpose to make sure I get a seat in the just-starting $20-40 game.

Almost forgot! A couple years ago I played three evening tournaments at the Mirage, three straight nights. ($100-ish buyins.) I came in first twice, no chopping or anything. (I wanted to!)

The second one ended with quite a thrill. It was pot-limit-omaha. With four players left, there were two big stacks and two small. I had a big stack. I was in the big blind and when it got back to me, the two small stacks were committed to allin, and the other big stack had just made the max raise from the small blind. I had AAT9 with one suited ace. I thought about it for, like, ...NOT! It was an instant raise by me and reraise by the big blind and this was it. My hand held up and now I've got a plaque in a box somewhere.

Tommy

Mike Haven
12-03-2003, 09:55 AM
There will be No Bonus Points for up-ending Tommy.

Unless ...

... an SS Team Member does it.

For GuyonTilt's benefit - I was j/k.

No Points.

Nil.

Nada.

Zero.

Zilch.

The Big O.